Say Yes Cover - critique request

Well done Lewis… honest opinion is I thought that went well and I enjoyed the song. I think your voice, although not perfect, suited and expressed the song well, and it felt authentic and was engaging. Which I think is a good performance… sure there is brushing up to do, but you’ve a basis there for sure.

But listen, I’m not a performer - all I can really say with authority is I enjoyed it… and you’ve made me want to check out the original - thanks Lewis.

1 Like

For an explanation of using a capo to lower the notes for the singer, with accompanying audio clips, please see this thread.

1 Like

Cheers! Yeah it’s down tuned. I’ve done it again and I can get the notes without straining. I just need to open my mouth more and be a bit louder to push the air out. Think I hold back a little as in terraced house !

1 Like

I live in a semi-detached but I just let them have it :joy: unless you’re recording at 2am and then it’s unfair.

2 Likes

Hi,
You came to the right place for feedback! Nice play, vox is good, but maybe relax a bit more and let it flow… Overall, a nice performance and well done!

Keep rock’n,
LB

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Lewis; that sounded good.

You’ve got a good voice. The weakest parts are when you go for the higher notes; you can hear the support for the note fall off. (I’m working on that kind of thing, myself.) To improve that, I’d say you could work on breath support and maintaining that support when transitioning to the higher register. Think about supporting your voice and the note from deep in your diaphragm as you move into your mixed chest/head or head voice. Practice the transitions. Opening your mouth more on the higher notes can help sometimes, too.

1 Like