SDKissFan - March 2022 - Kiss, 3rd Eye Blind, Bon Jovi

Flanders: Dutch speaking part of Belgium ^^

Ok. I lived in Germany for years with the US military…pretty close by. I have been through Belgium too. You have a beautiful country! erg aardig I think you say

A good effort Jeff. Keep at it mate. Doesnt sound like it would be easy song to sing/play together.

Some crucial advice already given re the consistent movement needed while strumming, so won’t repeat.
Once you’ ve got that going, a strong recommendation on Lievens mention of Justins Strumming Techniques 1&2. Absolutely brilliant instruction from the very beginning. Completely transformed my strumming/rhythm over a few months.

All the best, and keep posting.

Cheers,
Shane

That’s a really Dutch thing to say…i The Netherlands… but thanks :smiley:

Well I’m late to this party, Jeff, but you sure have burst onto the scene with a triple play of recordings.

Excellent idea to begin recording and sharing early, to get the benefit of feedback which is what is missing when self-studying online.

Look forward to more from you as you progress.

3 in a row Jeff and all nicely done.

Some great advice from the peeps above. Nail that strumming and you’ll find the singing easier as well.

A triple entry to AVoYP Jeff, well done! Looking forward to more from you in the future. Take the advice given on board and you’ll keep improving.

Another decent post. I think you’ve had some great advice on moving your strumming technique from the others. Once that clicks into place I think it’ll support your great voice even more.

Hi all,

I decided to give it a go playing electric. I’ll be there for you by Bon Jovi. All of these songs I play by looking at guitar tab-no specific lessons other than Justin’s expertise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Jeff, you’re on a rock 'n roll, sharing a second recording.

What a beautiful looking strat.

Again mostly have things working smoothly, just the change to Bm to focus in on. When making that change you want to try to get the barre finger down first. The reason being that generally you change chords on a down strum, so what the barre finger to be on the bass note as you start the strum, rest of the fingers to follow.

I thought the strumming, particularly when you started looked a little more relaxed in this recording, a little more wrist in the action.

Keep on rocking on

Good stuff Jeff.

I think David has some good points there. Maybe add some Bm PFC’s to your daily routine.

Over all though a good performance.

Good looking strat and a good performance. Singing was a bit quiet compared to the guitar. Speaking from experience I would try to iron out the pauses between some chord changes, the longer you leave it the harder it is to correct as I found out.