For this iteration I have replaced the Bad Monkey with the Boss GE-7. I was trying to use the Bad Monkey as a boost after the gain stages. It sounded too boxy to my ear. A mate suggested using an EQ pedal to do that job.
I’ve not played with it much but thus far think it’s doing what I want it to. Mainly as a boost with a touch of eq shaping for instrumental breaks, but maybe also for a bit of eq shaping when using the split coils on my PRS SE 24-08.
After playing with it a bit more:
I’d already got most of the way to making the single coils on my PRS more inspiring with the ODR-1. 1st impressions are the eq pedal has closed the remaining gap.
It looks like I can use it as an always on with the single coils, with a bit of eq shaping and the volume turned up a bit. Then turn it off for the humbuckers to give approx the same volume as the single coils, and use it as a boost for solos. The eq I’ve added for the single coils (a boost in the 800 / 1600Hz range and the others a small cut or flat) seems good with the humbuckers when a solo boost is required.
