Smells Like Teen Spirit - JK Nov 23 thread

Hey Lisa!

Thanks so much for the feedback. I look relaxed because… well, I was relaxed, because if I’m not relaxed I can’t play well :roll_eyes: And the song is not hard except for the section changes. I’m glad you liked the live feel as well :smiley:

I have to admit I was a huge Nirvana-head in my teen years, for a couple of years most other bands may as well have not existed… Thanks for checking it out Susan, I’m glad the bends & vibrato sounded good to you as I’m never quite sure :wink:

2 Likes

That was pretty good playing buddy. Thanks for posting.

1 Like

Great played JK!
Tone sounded very good.
I would say that this is at least played to a pub standard :grin::facepunch::metal:

1 Like

That was very tasty JK. So much going on in the song and you nailed it. Solo was great as well.

Time to get off down to your local with your guitar and amp I think.

1 Like

Thanks @SDKissFan

Well that’s my goal, so mission accomplished :rofl: Thanks Trond!

:scream:

Not yet… thanks for the kudos though Stefan!

1 Like

Hi JK, and yet another great recording from Down Under :smiley::clap::+1:.
I just wonder, when do you find the time to keep on practicing despite preparing for your move :thinking:? That’s a miracle to me :slightly_smiling_face:.

My power chord skills are still in their baby shoes, so I watched with admiration how quickly you changed between them. Sounded really good.
For whatever reason, I also expected you to do the vocals as well. But I guess, for the moment it’s absolutely fine to play like KC. Singing comes later - maybe :grin:.

Thanks a lot for sharing :hugs:!

1 Like

Hi JK, I enjoyed listening to the next post in your Rock Songbook journey. I can’t provide any criticism since my best is just to barely play the power chords. You had a lot of things going on in the song with different tempos and tones. Well played.

1 Like

Had to come out of my break to comment on this one JK, really awesome job. I especially loved your clean tone; it sounded like the record IMO and it’s something I struggled to get right when I did my cover.

1 Like

Hi Nicole! Thanks for the kudos. There is no way I could try and sing like Kurt… he is so unique.

Guitar is one of my priorities in life I guess… but now we’re right in the thick of the move and I haven’t played it for 3 days :scream: :scream: :sob:

Hey Steve! If you enjoyed it, that’s all that matters. Thanks for listening and commenting.

A pleasant surprise to get a comment from you Alexis while you’re taking a break. Thanks for the kudos on the playing. I have to admit sometimes when I do covers I watch other covers to get inspiration and see how they did it, and I rewatched yours recently too :smiley:.

Thx for the clean tone kudos, after I posted I should have put tweaking into the distorted tone, but hey, live and learn I guess :smile:.

1 Like

Love it. I am stoked there have been others interested in some distortion and this type of music and to see it in the community recordings. I hope to see more. Maybe I will be brave enought to add one soon. I was trying to figure out millencolin bullion its tough to figure out, which means I am probobly not ready yet. Lol any way great job even though it was a posted a while ago and you have most likely advanced since then. That time in 90s was special as was the music, we have to keep it alive. Thanks for all the other Music Theory contributions

1 Like

Thanks for checking it out @ontime1969 and taking the time to write a comment. Yeah there’s plenty of us here who like distortion stuff - rock/punk/metal! I’ve got a pretty wide taste in music tbh.

When you feel like doing a community recording, I’d say just do it… it’s lots of fun. This one I posted only a few months ago, so while I’m learning different stuff now I wouldn’t say I’m that much further along :wink: