Sort of Intermediate Player, trying to find where to start

Hi
Iā€™m a 55 yr old guy, have been playing daily for 2-1/2 to 3 yrs or so. Before that it was very sporadic with little progress.
Honestly, I recommend starting at the beginning, take Grade 1 and go from there.
Many videos may be skills you already have but it is worth going through for lots of reasons.
Mainly it ensures a good solid foundation, identifies bad habits to avoid or correct and gives you the direction you are seeking to progress. From there it opens up a lot of doors.

Enjoy your journey and most of all, play every day!
Cheers!

Iā€™m gonna echo others as thatā€™s what I have done too - start from scratch, scroll through bits that you already know and are easy and just whenever you hit something new or something you wish to refresh thatā€™s where your learning journey begins again :wink: good luck!

Start from scratch +1. Youā€™ll quickly advance to where you currently are anyway and solidify your foundations and catch up on some basics that missed you along the way.

In my case, Andrew Hickeyā€™s podcast is a bit more than entertainment. Iā€™ve learned so much about different artists and sometimes the theory behind the songs. Itā€™s one of my go-to pods when I need some inspiration to practice guitar. Good list! I also listen to Desi. Now I have a few more shows to check out. :star_struck:

Iā€™m only about 9 or 10 episodes into ā€œ500 Songsā€, so still in the early days (I think my latest listen was the post about Les Paul). So while it might be come more education / inspiration, right now itā€™s mostly entertainment. But I do enjoy hearing the history. The episode 4 discussion about the cutting contest where Billy Holiday and Ella Fitzgerald were the vocalists for the two bands was a marvelous bit of music history to learn about.

I found Lee Andersonā€™s podcast first but I think Desiā€™s provides deeper knowledge.

Cory Wongā€™s interviews are great. And having Joe Walsh say he was there for the interview because he was impressed with the podcast content was a cool moment.

1 Like