Suzanne’s Learning Log

Wow, that was humbling. He makes it look effortless and the only things moving are his fingers - when I can see them, which is barely. This guy knows his scales and, if I’m not mistaken, a killer example of the effective use of arpeggios, something I’m desperately trying to wrap my mind around with Justin’s course (Arpeggios | JustinGuitar.com). His style reminds me of Joe Satriani. Wow (again) - thanks for this - it really floored me
PG.

1 Like

@Papa_G I take it your talking about Guthrie. He has a really interesting video on YouTube where he shows below the tablature of different guitarists. It’s amazing to see how different each guitarist/artists tabs are. :+1::grinning:

I’ll check it out-thanks!

1 Like

I would highly recommend looking at Guitar Pro. You can make your tabs using it and a lot of Justin’s lessons include the guitar pro files to play along with. I’m sure they have a free trial which you could use to take a look at it.

1 Like

I’m seriously considering guitar pro because I think it will help with composing and familiarize me better with music as a language.

I am trying my best right now to figure out how to expand upon strumming without making myself so frustrated that I’m not getting it. Think I will try “That’s Alright Mama” by Elvis and see if it helps. Though I would like to expand beyond using ADE. Maybe find a CEG song that I’m familiar with.

In other news I have started writing lyrics… Don’t know yet what music will go with it but I’m liking the verse I got.

1 Like