The 2 Fret Stretch - advice wanted

Phew , was going to send an ambulance !

1 Like

Tough due my typo or tough corrected ? Either way I agree, when I was first shown it I couldn’t manage position 1 starting at the 12 fret, I can now Dow it down to index on the 8th fret without muting anything, like most things guitar the only way to make seemingly impossible things possibly is practice.

You’re right it’s purely for stretching, but then most stretching exercise I know are only for stretching, you’d never play 4 consecutive frets frets a string across all strings but plenty use the spider walk amongst others.

I use the stretch I mentioned to try and stretch across 5 frets

I often tell my tutor I need to be a contortionist with some of the stuff he shows me :joy:

1 Like

I’m back home now!

Down at A&E they suggested I take up knitting instead…!

I’m sure a few people had stitches after seeing the fingering for that suggested exercise

I get TAB upside too but cause it’s written upside down :joy:

Not a bad idea, far less complicated.

Ah! That explains it! LOL Like everyone else I had my guitar out trying to make it work. (Still LOL)

…you’d never play 4 consecutive frets frets a string across all strings but plenty use the spider walk amongst others.

Except for the James Bond Spy Chord?

I’d like to thank all of you for responding to my request for advice. You’ve given me lots of good exercises to use with regular routines for the long haul. It’s a big help to know that stretching exercises really do work and that they are not just for the first few months of a beginner’s journey.

Al

1 Like