The Madman’s Diaries - The Blues Chapters - Chapter Four (The calm before the storm) - Added Tracks : Mon 17062024 "Steady Thumb Blues" . Tues 18062024 - “Walking Easy Blues” Wed 19062024 "BLIM Unit 0 Impro Recording"

I enjoyed watching both videos! I love the PRS Parlor, it’s on my ‘future GAS attack list’ :slight_smile:

Fabulous Toby, both sounded great. I know you’ve put in all the hard yards of practice hours over a long period of time (the odd momentary wobble aside) and it sure does show. You are growing into a consumate bluesman. Respect brother!!

2 Likes

Good stuff Toby, some great bloooze goin’ on there. Well done, you’ve clearly put a load of work into both those pieces.

1 Like

@Beatup6String Thanks Ashu I love my two Dreads but the Parlour is great for Acoustic Blues and a easy grab without knocking anything over, unlike the other two monsters ! :sunglasses:

@DavidP Good to see you Mr P and thanks for dropping in for a listen. The wheel keeps turning but in constant need of lubrication, so consummate may be a little exaggerated sir. But I guess the last year or so focus has paid dividends with the arrival of BLIM.
There will more than a few momentary wobbles in the coming months I suspect.
Appreciate the kind words as always.
:sunglasses:

@sairfingers Hey Gordon hope the holiday is going well apart from the football. Must be something wrong with me but I can’t get excited about it this time round but there again I support multi-manager Watford, that could be a factor after another miserable season.
Anyway after the opening match you needed some Blues I’d imagine, so happy to provide some distraction! The compliments are too kind. Take care pal.

1 Like

Hi Toby, happy to see you preparing for the Blimm challenge! As always, pure enjoyment to hear your playing and I can see, you are well prepared to dive in.
I enjoyed both tunes, but have to admit, I’m a little more on the acoustic one. Whenever I hear the acoustic pieces, I get a big motivation boost as they sound so bluesy, hopefully I get there one day!
Thanks for taking the time to keep in touch with the Non Blimmers :heart:!

1 Like

Well that’s just as well as I am about to add another and hopefully get another two in the can in the next few days ! Thanks for listening Andrea your comments are always appreciated. :sunglasses:

1 Like

WARNING WARNING

DING DING ROUND 2 - MONDAY 17th JUNE 2024

Still not sure how these monthly multi track AVOYPs are supposed to work but I have dropped another recording into the opening post and guess I then need to tag or link that here. See below or click the link.

The Madman’s Diaries - The-Blues Chapters - Chapter Four - The calm before the storm

Simples

1 Like

You’ve got the acoustic blues feeling, Toby, STB sounding good! I’m going through the few I learned awhile ago before moving on to the next one. Then I hope to start posting again as well.

As for the new electric blues - love it!!! No suggestions from me at all, just a wish that I could bend the blues like you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

For these multitrack AVoYPs it’s better to treat the first post as a contents page with links to the performance posts. That way if a new video is added you can see it immediately and won’t think that it’s only additional comments/responses that have been added.

As for your latest recording, I can’t give you any advise on better ways to do it as you’re beyond my play grade. It’s good to see you’re making great progress on JS’s Blues Course in addition to DH’s fingerstyle blues course. That solo piece is not as easy as you made it look to play. I’m impressed that you’re able to remember them all. I’d get confused between them all.

1 Like

Uuuuuih, just saw the third recording, what a treat! Sounding great! :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

1 Like

Right see I can get this sorted first before replying to the comments. So todays post stripped out and posted below, then I’ll link in the OP and amend the title. Hope that’s it ! :scream:

1 Like

DING DING ROUND 2 - MONDAY 17th JUNE 2024

OK as promised I managed to get another acoustic blues recording done today. Been a busy weekend in the studio, as I have also been recording tracks for the BLIM preparation.
This one is from @JustinGuitar Solo Blues Course which is a great investment for anyone wanting to learn acoustic blues.

This track is called Steady Thumb Blues.

For some reason I did not get audio in OBS so had to match things up in Reaper, so its a tad out of sync.

Was not happy with the overall tone of the Takamine DIed into the UMC 1820 but was trying to keep a clear desk and simple set up. So it needed a little tweak in Reaper before I hit Render, For those interested the guitar track was mixed a follows

Waves CLA Guitars - Electric Power Chorus preset
Waves Scheps Omni Channel - Clean Up My Acoustic Gtr preset :rofl: yep needed that !
ReaLimit to eliminate clipping and boost volume for YouTube.

That’s it for now.

I’ve dropped Tears From Above and In Hale (from Chapter 2 and rerecorded on Friday HERE due to the original dodgy bends and @Mari63 comments down below somewhere :wink: ) into the BLIM Record Yourself prep module but want to do a pukka impro, rather than a learned piece.
So that maybe next on the schedule but hey there are a couple of acoustics to come.
Hoping it rains this afternoon, so I can get more done !

Be back soon

Madman out.

9 Likes

Thanks Mari, too kind as that B7 section trips me up every time ! But its getting there slowly but surely. Walking Easy is on the cards for this week but needs some work and maybe another Hamburger toon. Be good to see you getting stuck into these again. I baulked at the Gospel Slides but that was a combination of technique and set up. Time to have another go, while I keep my hand in alongside the BLIM course. Thx for listening.

1 Like

Your impressed ! Tell you what I friggin am as well. I couldn’t remember what I had to eat 2 days ago but these “exercises” seem to stick in my head. Its not only weird but scary at the same time. Like “What’s your name ?” “Dunno ! Can I play you a solo, all the same” :rofl:
Don’t under estimate your Blues acoustics James, you are doing fine young man !

1 Like

Thanks Andrea ! Some one will be along soon to make a joke about buses ! :bus: :bus: :bus: :bus: :rofl:

1 Like

Good stuff sir!

1 Like

DING DING ROUND 3 - TUEDAY 18th JUNE 2024

Another day another dollar recording.

So its twenty take Tuesday and I managed to get another cranked out today. This is another from Justin’s Solo Blues Course called Walking Easy Blues and in my case its

The Tripin Stumblin 'arder Than It Looks Blues.

Used the Fender T-Bucket for this one but left the Reaper FX set up the same as above. Its a bit untidy in places and certainly tripped here and there and missed the odd note :scream:
But after a number of unsuccessful recording days earlier in the year, its finally captured, warts and all.

I will try and get my final Acoustic Blues piece recorded tomorrow but for now its back to the BLIM preparations tasks and tinker with another improv.

Hopefully all these tracks won’t get buried but hey ho such is life.

Madman out, for now.

9 Likes

Hi Toby,
No idea why I missed this because I worked from bottom to top of the list of topics and everything was marked as seen and I don’t often miss such a video in the thread??

Well, I think that’s a wonderful blues :sunglasses: :clap: and it reminds me that when I bought this series I ended up with this one…half way through… :speak_no_evil:

That second one is also well played :sunglasses: , but I don’t like it that much, that’s not your fault, because when Justin plays it I find the same :sweat_smile:, I sometimes play it myself for technical reasons, but never when the wife is at home because she thinks also it is constant bottom strings is way too much :grin:

Greetings You are on the rolllllllll :clap: :sunglasses:

1 Like

What a treat… another ‘arder’ than than the madman make it look blues. Sounded really good to me Toby, the only thing that was missing was the cowboy hat, for some reason I get a country vibe.

you made it your own :wink:

I’ve been thinking recently whether it’s time for the rules to be relaxed as the tsunami of AVoYPs has passed. Worth including a link to your topic in the challenge topic for Justin’s solo blues.

1 Like

Ooo ! Had not realised there was one. Yeah maybe but its more a mid year review thing.
Thanks for the comment. Like Roger, not my favourite so your Country feeling may be a cause of that. But its another to learn for establishing certain skill sets, so worth doing.
Maybe another Hamburger to more if I can solve one chord landing that tripping me up.
Thx for listening.

1 Like