The Madman’s Diaries - The Blues Chapters - Chapter Four (The calm before the storm) - Added Tracks : Mon 17062024 "Steady Thumb Blues" . Tues 18062024 - “Walking Easy Blues” Wed 19062024 "BLIM Unit 0 Impro Recording"

Hey Leo good to see you and thanks for listening.

Don’t forget I’ve been learning the fingertstyle Blues for good 18 months and I think this makes 14 that I have learnt in that period, Most are still work in progress tempo wise and I’ve still to get #14 recorded.

All good fun and the melody lines are all transferable, so helps the improvs and soloing, with additional words and phrases.

Always something new to learn !

:sunglasses:

Possibly a cover of the madmans BLIM Recording :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

What a diligent man you are, Toby! Can’t open the community site without seeing a new post from you :wink:. I really appreciate your gesture to let us be part of your big blues adventure. Good to see you so excited and motivated.
Your last recording shows, that you are well prepared, although I felt a bit more inner “tension” than on the others. Nevertheless, it’s a formidable starting line and I hope you have a blast in the subburbs, as you call it! :heart:

1 Like

Yesterday at the end of the day I also clicked on the photo ( 3/4 times :confounded: :laughing: )and thought "Oh you meant a photo to end this topic, I thought didn’t read it properly …again :roll_eyes:, but I also thought I heard sound with this thumbnail foto at BLIM when you the only one who has posted more than one video :grin: and maybe Justin will see it this time :grin: (I haven’t heard anything about mine either , but I’m totally okay with that, I’m good at self-analyzing :sweat_smile:)

11 days to kick off…pfff
I feel like a kid waiting for his birthday…COME ON :roll_eyes:

Greetings

1 Like

Thanks for that Andrea, I do my best to feed the beast. On the playing, yeah one felt oddly tight and there felt little flow. Being an impro once I decided on the licks that went with the BT I just went for it but was conscious of screwing up. The other two I’d been playing end to end for a couple of months, so was able to get into the groove. Guess I am hoping that is something that develops more organically as the course progress. I’ll let you know if it does.

Again thanks for listening and your kind words.

1 Like

Sorry about that Roger, trying to be too clever. I should have just pasted the BLIM entry here. Obviously putting it in blockquotes, went pear shaped and it turned the YouTube link into a still photo. Live and learn.

Thinks there have been a couple of folk who have doubled up in that post. My second was more about meeting the assignment, not seeing there was a backing track to use. Guess I was a bit giddy and wanted to jump in and get some recording done. As to JS there is only so much the man can listen to and he is no doubt preparing for this evenings BLIM Live. That said given the 666 has now moved to around 750, not a lot of folk seem to be immersing themselves in that thread, with only a few providing feedback. Early days, things may change.

Will see you this evening, enjoy the last day of Spring.

1 Like

No no…thanks for the laugh :grin:

100% true ,I actually thought at first that that wasn’t quite what Justin asked…but on the other hand “who cares about that” not me :blush:

yes, I noticed that too about many video`s missing …but still a lot of time and some like to give there best ,but that is not useful if you want to make big jumps :joy:…the feedback , even though people asked, not really the intention of that topic… just a point zero, and later we’ll see what we pick up from the course …

I hope I can make it tonight, nine o’clock in the evening is often a time when my bump and back can no longer hold up after a long day of sitting, but I will do my best tonight :blush: :sunglasses:

By Spring …:ant: :spider: :lady_beetle: :cricket: :honeybee: Ps:Speaking of ants, Brian was in Paris this morning :laughing: and expects to be here again early next week

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The prodigal sun ( :wink: ) returns @brianlarsen hope you are watching when you can and safe on your travels ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

:scream: :scream: I almost missed this amazing thread full of little blues treats!

Those were some smooth little tunes, Toby. I went through top to bottom and enjoyed all of them. :slight_smile: Especially the acoustic blues with the steady thumb vibes with me, but I also thoroughly enjoyed your BLIM-marker Impro. There were some nice elements in and put together well. :smiley:

Can’t offer much but applause, I think you are also very well set up to start the BLIM. I’m looking forward to all the bits and pieces of the journey you and some of your fellow blimmers are going to share with us. Enjoy the ride! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well that was a thoroughly enjoyable half hour spent working through this post, Toby! :smiley: Some really cool blues you got going there mate over all those tracks! :sunglasses: And some good laughs sprinkled in between :sweat_smile: Inspiring to see your progress mate, can’t wait for the next installments! :metal:

1 Like

You may be right but I’m still waiting for lots of things to click into place! :slight_smile: Been waiting quite a while now.

1 Like

Loved the acoustic blues style, that was sick! Is that a buddah statueon the table? :smiley:

1 Like

Its actually a Zen Buddhist alter Byron, so yes.

Shawweeettt!

I cant remember if I posted to say well done, but well done anyway! The main reason I was wanted to write a quick note is to let you know it’s very inspiring to hear your enthusiasm for the Blues Immersion course. It was a bit out of my price range but I will be following with interest and hopefully posting some blues/ rock studies of my own very soon. Well done and good luck to everyone taking on the Blues Immersion course.

Michael finally found my way back here !

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are two weeks into the first BLIM Unit and its been great fun but also a great challenge. Certainly no regrets but way to early to share recordings, though there are two songs to learn in the month and a “solo” that is a combination of the first 12 licks taught this month. All in good time.