The new JustinGuitar Community, how does that work?

Hello Tony, John and Lukka good to see you here :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

I like this, it’s rather different and I’m going to have to find out to do things!
:rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Oooo nice!!!
Hi everyone from the other side, great innit?

7 Likes

Great picture, Darrell. Look at that stretch and looks like you could reach the next fret.

Hope your health is good, and all is well.

2 Likes

Lovely photo @DarrellW yes the drag and drop function is ace, some much easier than using a site like imgur.com and YouTube and SoundCloud links work the same way. Just drop them in the post/topic. Simples.

3 Likes

Thanks David, yes I was chuffed with the ability to do things so easily!
I can just about do a 4 fret stretch from the first fret despite having small hands, it’s all about practice. As a warm up I always do chromatic scales until I can get down to the first fret.
My health is a bit up and down but gradually improving, I can’t play anywhere near as well as I used to so am going back to square one again. It’s going to be fun to revisit some of the old songs I played 5/6 years ago!

2 Likes

@tobyjenner yes it’s just ace compared to the previous rigmarole :joy: I wonder what it’s like from Google drive or iDrive?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/15BJmCuldQV2hhwgWb0nE5I13rv-pOkV4/view?usp=drivesdk

1 Like

That’s a beautiful guitar you have there @DarrellW!

3 Likes

Heyy so great to finally see the man behind the recordings! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Guys…I’m sandrat … and I’ve been migrated without notice…I can’t find the old forum with all my videos…help! I’m lost… LOL

2 Likes

Hi @RuthSan welcome to the new Community! Your old posts should still be safe and sound over on the old forum for the time being. Feel free to open a thread in the #all-about-your-music:road-cases category and copy over your content like others have been doing. Great seeing you here!

1 Like

@RuthSan

Hi Sandra/Sandy or is it now Ruth :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: good to see you.

As far as I know you should still have access to the old Forum until Jan 15th. So anything you want to move over should be accessible.

Over here AOVYP is located in this Category

Here is a quick link

Just hit the +New Topic top right, to add a new entry.

Hope that helps, here if needed.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sandra

For your YouTube videos you can just drag or copy and paste the link directly to the open topic you are creating, it is that simple. Some of us have done that via a YT Playlist, presenting what you could call an back catalogue.

Or you could drop them in one by one, with a cover along the lines of my recordings to date

1 Like

Ruth’s my second name… which I never use. From the Dashboard I only have access to Community… I can’t find the old Forum to access it. If someone has a link to it send it on. Thanks

1 Like

https://justinguitarcommunity.com/ try that :sunglasses:

1 Like

Genius… so far I love the look and feel of this new place

Sandra

I trust that means your back at the old house and ready to commute ! Yes it brings it in line with the mains site. I was very negative about the move to start with but after 10 days of testing, it just feels like home and now the family have started arriving which is super cool.

As I say shout up if you need help with anything. Its early days for folks and navigation skills need to be built up !

Cheers

Toby

Thanks Toby… seems that my Forum username was changed to the website username

That would make sense, think the idea is to keep things in line with the website but don’t know the nuts and bolts of the process. You should be able to change your “display” name as well if you wanted to :sunglasses:

@RuthSan
As you can see I have just change mine temporarily. It needs to be amended on the website but there is a link in Preference which you can get to by clicking your picture to right.

1 Like

my old forum name: sandrat is already taken …by who I don’t know