The new JustinGuitar Community, how does that work?

Hi,

We have been designing and integrating a new way to have the forum integrated in the website. This way, website and community become one.

Yes, indeed, we are moving the Forum to a new Community section!
We call the new section in the website the Community, in contrast with the old Forum.
This way, the Community is allowed to grow beyond the definition of a ‘forum’ and we avoid confusion with ‘old’ platform.

We hope that you, along with a few other loyal and constructive forum members, will help us launch this new community. We’re convinced that you can lead the way for countless others by leading by example, giving the new community running a rolling start.

How does it work?

The new community is based on a modified and integrated “Discourse” platform.
(Not to be mistaken for the existing Disqus integration that will disappear or Discord, the voicecomm platform).

You will log in on the website and you are automatically logged in on the community as well.
Basically, you will have a new kind of forum, starting from scratch, inside the JustinGuitar website.

You will have the same username on the site as in the community. Feel free to change your username in the settings of your profile on the website,
We encourage you to change your website username to your forum name
You can do that in your personal dashboard on the website.

This has no impact on your login because you log in with your e-mail address and password, which remain the same.

Got no profile on the website yet?
Shame on you; create it now!

What about the old Forum?

The Forum will remain online and you will still be able to post for a couple of months.
When most active users are migrated to the Community, we set the Forum to read-only mode.
After another couple of months, the Forum will automatically redirect to the Community.

Questions?
Contact LievenDV and he’ll get back to you as soon as they can!

10 Likes

@LievenDV @Richard_close2u

DavidP is in the new Community House. Honoured and delighted to be able to be a part of the soft launch.

Now to continue exploring :smiley:

6 Likes

Stitch (stitch101) ready to test drive the new form.
Happy to be a board. :guitar:
I’m going to heva fun testing the new emoji :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Move over Mr. P - Brian in da house :sunglasses:
Where’d your All-time-legend status disappear to?
Some Discobot tried to chat me up.
I thought I’d better check what the civilised community behavior said about man-machine interactions.
The circle’s still spinning, so I’ll enjoy carte-blanche for the time being :rofl:
Jakers, I’m a slow learner, but this new Commie page might turn out to be a black hole where even time can’t escape…

2 Likes

Batwoman has arrived. I think my role is to be the spokesperson for those with limited website navigation skills and know how. Got a list started. @brianlarsen I thought I’d best be polite to the hired help, so had a chat with them.

5 Likes

Hey new peeps are here, yehaaa
@stitch @batwoman @brianlarsen
Rick, Maggie and wotshisname glad to see you here. Lets shake the tree and see what falls out.
First impressions are it looks and feels good. But need to do some rattle testing on functionality. Looking forward to swapping notes,

Cheers

Toby
:japanese_ogre:

3 Likes

LB checks in and is keeping an eye out for lost daylight bats… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The Emoji selection is indeed extensive! Nice upgrade there. I have to agree with BW that getting around will take some getting used to.

Off to see what mischief can be had…
LB

1 Like

Hum,
I am probably missing something. But is there no info section on who is active in the community in the real time moment?
LB

1 Like

I’ll add your question to the “new community issues and questions” category as well @LBro

1 Like

@LievenDV

Any idea on the timeline for this migration, Lieven?

1 Like

Justin would like to open up this new Community before Christmas.

There are no dates pinned on the milestones in decommissioning the old forum though.
We aren’t in a hurry for that since we need to give people a chance to move their account and possibly content here.

We will promote coming over to the new Community on the old forum of course.
we’re speaking about “several months” here

4 Likes

I don’t see much of a problem getting people to come over here. We got Toby over to
the Dark Side so the rest should be a piece of cake. I’m sure there will be some that will
take some convincing but that’s why we’re testing out the new forum to help the stragglers
make their way over.

PS there isn’t a Darth Vader emoji :frowning_face:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh well hello there, looks like I’m a bit late to the party. Fancy meeting you guys here! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Better late than never. Welcome to the Dark Side Ivan.

2 Likes

Aha now I see where the Dark Side comment originated. If we get a Daft Vaper emoji can we have a 666 one as well, pretty please.

See we have Socks as well. :foot: hiya Ivan

2 Likes

Good to see a familiar face in the new community.

3 Likes

Hi y’all :wave: usual suspects here I see :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

You betcha, John, and up to all the same old fun and games :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like