The Perfect 5th Interval

I’ve made it through Module 5.1 of the Music Theory course and am taking a break from that to now integrate Ear Training into my guitar journey. The practical value of that integration is very rewarding. Looking forward to the road continuing ahead.

I never got a notification for this reply, so sorry for the late interaction!

I think I understand your reply… I’ve been noodling around on the guitar sussing it out since just reading it wasn’t enough for my beginner brain, I had to hear it. It is odd that my brain just swapped octaves though… I tried singing to compare the B3 and B4 and I couldn’t even match the B4 an octave lower until I had sung the A3 and then gone a step up… :upside_down_face:

I’m not up to any other intervals yet… not sure how long I’m supposed to spend on this one, although I’m using the Flintstones to sing the descending and not mucking up. So I guess I can do it but I’m not sure if it is enough to have to always compare it to a song in my head, first, or if I’m supposed to be able to suss it out without the reference to have ‘got it’.

Good to know my stuff up was still some sort of pattern recognition after all, I guess!

1 Like