The road to 'Freight Train' Joe Robinson techniques

Like the work you’ve got going on there Rogier, the days of hard practice are showing very sweet sounding fruit. There’s something in the JGC water at the moment with a few postings of “shorts” from members, it’s quite inspiring to see!

Look forward to the next progress update on your techniques here, bravo!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That really was a great Freight Train, Rogier! :steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car:
I’ve enjoyed the ride a lot. :railway_track:

Very well played. :+1:
Thank you for sharing your great progress :grinning:

3 Likes

Here’s a nice video of the song. If I recall correctly she was left-handed so flipped the guitar.

4 Likes

Roger, you’re on the way! Sounding good so far. You mentioned you’ve listened to this song and have it in your head. That’s what I do when working on a project. It seems to help when actually working the song out on the guitar. Looking forward to the conclusion of this project.

1 Like

Sounded good. Nice study path too. Well done!

1 Like

Sounding pretty sweet Rogier and a really nice treat for my ears.

1 Like

Hello Everybody,
Thank you so much for the listening an d the comments ,The prompts help for step 4, which I’m about to start and even if it’s just adding a few notes (as Joe says), that sounds really cool and I’m curious how long it will take for hours to get those “few” notes in between, I’m afraid for the C but just go barr for barr and in a momenthour start (saw it was very busy last weekend) …and James afterwards I had heard that version before (and last week for the 2nd time) amazing how that beautiful old woman plays, fascinating to watch … for me personally with I thought this song’s vocals were a bit too fragile…but definitely worth listening to more than once :sunglasses:

Greetings and I will continue to practice with you in mind, calmly and with passion :sunglasses: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hi Rogier, I’m pretty late, but better late than never! Congrats on your achievements so far, it already sounds very nice to my ears! :blush: Ha, when I read the title of Joe’s Lesson: “Easy Fingerstyle Lesson”… :joy:. As always: good practice will lead to sucess and you are definitely on the right track with your Fright Train journey :hugs:!

1 Like

Hi Andrea,
You’re not too late (it’s only just been posted ,and not started with sectioni 4 :sweat_smile:) and the next video isn’t available for a while…I guess…and so I think I’ll keep the thread alive for a while, that’s why I don’t try to respond to everyone individually in order to for a longer period of time, usually having much fun chatting with everyone… something with action and reaction…and before I know it there are 100+ messages from me :innocent: and everyone misses the rest of the videos… but what I really want to say

(no no nn not again)

we reserve a special place in hell for every teacher who says this :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

Greetings and thanks :sunglasses:

1 Like

For anyone who follows the tab of the first PDF step 4 (played at 24:35 lesson video),

Joe says at the end of this short piece that he/it follows the tab pretty exactly (so not exactly :wink:) and so before the end of each chord for the last bass there is a added note, which makes the whole thing “roll” just a little bit better so look out for that.
the first 2 chords Am Em after yesterday practicing well this morning. then I just watched the video part of this to check myself watched that 10 minutes ago before typing this ,but “solved” almost directly :sweat_smile: :sunglasses:

The rest other 3 are in the head ,now send it to the vingers …

1 Like