Thegoog - January 2023 - Free Fallin’ (Jan 13) plus Redemption Song (Jan 28)

Thank you, I agree too, I’m working on slowing it down a little. Might even post it again sometime!

Nice job! I actually liked how you took this one “away” from reggae and put your own strumming mark on it.

I thought this was well played and sung. I think DavidP gave good feedback on tempo. It works the way you’ve done it for sure. Marley just has a more relaxed tempo with lots of dynamics. That being said, I enjoyed your performance.

HI @thegoog ,
Superb execution of guitar and vocals.
This classic song is quite a challenge to cover, and I like the way you covered the song.
Of course, the guitar playing is a point of focus, and you executed that very very well.
Your cover version is your, and yours alone, no matter what the original recording might be.
I am 61, and grew up with songs of the 70s and this song a personal fav as well.
I sing songs a lot, as I love to play the guitar.
When I sing a song, I sing it the way I remember it, and the memory logged into my system might be totally different, but that is the beauty of your musicality.
Love this recording, and thank you for sharing.
The beer is part of the music creativity function, and I will drink to that!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Thanks so much for this feedback! I agree, I tend to play it how it is in my head, it may not be the same as the original. Sometimes I do listen to the originals to update my idea of what it is - other times I listen to another cover that I enjoyed eg Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds covered by a band I think is called The Moon Loungers. When I play that song it would be closer to that cover.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback!

I think it is better this way, it creates and build your kind of musicality!!!

1 Like