Thejoechoi - January 2022 - Bluegrass Jam, Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová, The Beatles

Never beyond your play grade to comment/offer suggestions! You were a listener of music before anything else.

2 Likes

Thank you! Want to experiment with some dynamics on this song in the coming week. But just wanted to make my first post!

Hi Joe, I’m very much a beginner but just wanted to say that was quite lovely. I really enjoyed listening to it!

1 Like

A few of us here have begun using the software OBS to make videos. You can feed audio into it from an Audio Interface. Works well with a camera connected to the computer or can receive input via WiFi from a phone camera.

Perhaps an option for you to explore that would enable better quality audio and keep the visual simple, still using your iPhone as the camera?

Great playing and singing Joe. Well done. You’ve inspired me to put renewed effort into some fingerstyle practice.

Something about playing this on a Gibson J45 is so awesome.

I play the little bass run on the G to C chord in the chorus. They do something similar on the record. I think it sounds pretty cool. Check it out @CYPGMB!

Recorded this on my good camera and used the shotgun mic. Came out better than the ones I recorded on the phone last week. So I’ll probably continue tweaking this setup more and more.

You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away

11 Likes

That was awesome, Joi.

Agreed, the bass line and the riff in the chorus added. Watching your fingers move from chord to chord, the embellishments, it’s all such a treat.

The recording sounded good, tone and balance, and looked good.

To embed the video just copy and paste the video URL on it’s own new line in the editor. If you paste it in as part of a line then it is added as a link.

Look forward to your next.

1 Like

Really nice share Joi.
Smooth 6/8 strumming and some good embellishments added, nice on the vocals and overall recording too.
Classy.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well done Joe. I really enjoyed your version of this classic. Lovely embellishments and vocal.

1 Like

Well done & nice embellishments all around :slight_smile: Really enjoying all those Beatles posts lately!

1 Like

Careful now, Joe- you don’t want to end up ‘bigger than the Beatles’ :rofl:
Superb all-round production.
If the only tiny nit I can find is a visible electric socket in the background, you know you’ve hit gold :sunglasses:
Keep 'em coming.

1 Like

Well that was jolly nice !! Not 'arf, some great embellishments through out. Added to my watch later list on YT so I can slow things down and see what you are doing. Given its “just” a phone recording, sound quality was really good and crystal clear, as was the balance between vox and guitar.

A pleasure to listen to Joe, looking forward to more from you ! :sunglasses:

Yes that was indeed pure pleasure to listen to, quite a lot of cool embolishments and tricky changes but you managed to pull it off real good! All the best.

1 Like

Wow, that was really good! The individual picking in between the strumming and the consistent motion, good singing! Loved it! Keep it up Joe :slight_smile: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Much simpler than what I tried before with the embed codes. Thank you!

1 Like

I’ll remove the outlet in post next time. Put a Beatles album cover in its place.

3 Likes

I may have that bass run written out somewhere in a music folder. I’ll see if I can find it and upload.

2 Likes

The White One would look cool against the grey background :wink::+1:

1 Like

@Thejoechoi wow! Sounding absolutely awesome, my friend. Nice one for taking up the challenge too :wink:
Definitely prefer your way of playing the chorus and I’ll try to incorporate it myself in future play throughs of this classic.
Keep up the great work!
CYPGMB

2 Likes

Excellent stuff Joe.

Watching your fretting had is just fascinating. Some pretty cool working going on there.

What a great performance.