Thejoechoi - January 2022 - Bluegrass Jam, Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová, The Beatles

I’ll remove the outlet in post next time. Put a Beatles album cover in its place.

3 Likes

I may have that bass run written out somewhere in a music folder. I’ll see if I can find it and upload.

2 Likes

The White One would look cool against the grey background :wink::+1:

1 Like

@Thejoechoi wow! Sounding absolutely awesome, my friend. Nice one for taking up the challenge too :wink:
Definitely prefer your way of playing the chorus and I’ll try to incorporate it myself in future play throughs of this classic.
Keep up the great work!
CYPGMB

2 Likes

Excellent stuff Joe.

Watching your fretting had is just fascinating. Some pretty cool working going on there.

What a great performance.

You are one cool dude Joe. The music flows from you in a seamless way, compact and yet expansive. I love your colour palette and staging. :star2:

Fantastic job, Joe: well played, well sung.

I can’t really offer any suggestions on your playing or singing, other than keep doing what you’re doing! I know this is a Beatles song, but your rendition gave me some Neil Young-ish vibes. Maybe it’s your vocal. In any case, that’s not a bad thing!

Have you thought about adding some foot-drive percussion to your performances? There’s those bell or tambourine things you can attach to your foot, or maybe a foot kick drum or one of those percussive stomp boxes. Something like that could take an already good performance and elevate it even more.

Saw an up-thread comment about contrast against the background for the video. I thought something similar: you should wear a bright color against the dark background and make the video pop! Not that it matters at all for the song. Just a thought.