Socio - April 2022 - Three Little Birds Cover

Nice Socio, love your little yorki laying next to you!! Thought you did great as a beginner! Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks, Byron :smiley: Yes, it was such a mellow performance it sent her to sleep. The other one was lying right behind me. I’m sure they will be making some guest appearances on my recordings.

How long have you been playing??? It seems VERY good to me for “beginner”.

1 Like

Hi James, I’ve only just got round to listening to this. I enjoyed your version, a good vocal and a steady - if unorthodox for this song - strum pattern which really worked. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Karen,

Thanks :smiley: Like a lot of people in the community I tried learning guitar a few decades ago. It was not a very successful attempt. I bought a chord book and couple of song books and made a feeble attempt to teach myself to play some of the songs in the books. The guitar that I had bought then sat on a stand on display gathering dust. Then one day in September I got that craving to pick up the guitar again and actually learn how to play it. I came across Justin’s app on the play store, had a look at the reviews and decided to try it out. I’ve not looked back since that day. Through the application I discovered the website and the community. I am just finishing Module 10 of the beginners course and Part 1B of Justin’s Strumming Techniques Course which is another fantastic course.

1 Like

Thanks, Gordon. I’m glad you enjoyed it :smiley:

That sounded pretty cool to me James. Very decent thumb strumming, as that is not easy when you have got used to a pick.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan :smiley: