Time for an introduction ... I'm Marco from Netherlands

Wasn’t sure if I should ‘revive’ this topic but I didn’t feel like creating a new one as it fits with the general message of most replies here.
I decided to activate the 7 day trial of the songs app (and will definitely continue subscribed as well), as it helped me a lot with playing songs. I found it quite a bit easier to start a song on the app and play along compared to learning it through video or tabs as that requires more time investment. I think that time investment made it difficult for me to stick with it when I don’t care for the song that much (it’s never a struggle for songs I like and want to learn of course).
When I do encounter a song on the app that I like to play along to then I’ll learn it by memory as well.

So now I play along with songs on the app for chord switches and trying to explore strumming patterns, while also practicing songs I do like/know for technique. Basket Case and Good Riddance are two examples.

Thought this could be helpful for others who are experiencing the same with the beginner songs in the early modules.

2 Likes

Hi Marco, great that you have fun playing songs with Justins app, and that it’s very helpful to you for learning new songs :grinning:.

I use the app as well. And you are definitely right - it’s a big time saving if I just want to play along and have fun.
For actually learning/memorising songs, using songbooks, tabs and/or Justins song lessons works better for me. I just can’t memorize the chord progressions by playing along with the app. They simply don’t stick in my mind :flushed:. Great that it works for you :blush:. It seems to depend on which type of learner you are.

Would be interesting what experiences other users have made :smiley:.

1 Like

Welcome to your new home!

Cheers

1 Like