Tony's Learning Log

Thank you @SILVIA , it was fun. It does help that I am only playing in front of friends, not a paying audience :wink: I have just got to tweak my practice routine now to include songs that have the elements I want to learn in them.

I am glad to see that your gigging is still ongoing Tony. :slight_smile:
Great experience, I am sure.

1 Like

Hey Dusty!

I’m sure you’re extravaganza was a lot of fun for you and your mate. And now you’re looking at spicing up your rhythm for the next gig.

Go for it!

1 Like

Well, I have just had a surprise. Due to our performance Rusty Nutz and Dusty Roads have been asked to do a country and western night at a local social club next year! This will be my first performance in front of a paying set of customers who are not just our friends. Best of all they will pay us! :wink:

5 Likes

You are becoming a professional musician Tony! :smiley:

1 Like

Very Scary!!

Wow! Did you ever think you’d be saying that 12 months ago? Great stuff. Enjoy it.

1 Like

@Dean1977 Thanks. I still think it’s weird that any would want to pay to hear me play :wink: Going to make the best of it though and enjoy every minute. At ;east I have plenty of time to improve my technique before then.

1 Like

Well I have finally given in, I am going to learn to ‘sing’. It has been pointed out that if I did backing vocals on stage it would help the lead guitarist and it would also not look like I was just there to make the numbers up. So I will have to jump to Jason’s lessons on singing and then see if there is a similar site to Justinguitar.com for those who need to sing.

So that I have a starting point, I recorded a short song that I made yesterday in reply to a musical invitation to a party.

The quality is not good as I used the webcam microphone and it picked up the pick noise from the guitar, but it gives me a starting point to compare later progress to.

8 Likes

Tony,
Ooo you have it in you to learn to sing well :smiley:, what a start, fantastic and also pleasant tone :sunglasses: :clap: :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

@roger_holland thank you. Confidence is the main stumbling block at the moment, but personally, I find that comes with practice.

1 Like

Tony

Well played and sung. Good fun too.

Brian

1 Like

@beejay56 thanks Brian

Hi Tony,

that’s an excellent starting point for your singing - and I like the idea behind to answer an invitation with a song! :smiley:

Your voice sounds pleasant to my ears and you have a good foundation to start on. And you’re right: confidence comes with practice. There is not much difference between playing and learning guitar and learning to sing. Your voice is like an instrument as well, a built in one, one could say. :joy:

Lots of folks here checked the “Discover you voice” program by Chris Liepe, myself included. It’s a nice, comprehensive course and you learn a lot. But it’s a paid course, though.

1 Like

Thank you Lisa for your kind comments.

I will look into this, thanks

1 Like

And worth every penny. Frequent offers as well, just need to time your purchase right.
https://chrisliepe.com/journey-invite/

3 Likes

@TheMadman_tobyjenner thank you Toby, I will keep a watch out for the offers

1 Like

Well done Tony! :smiley:

1 Like

@Boris1565 Thank you Boris.

1 Like

Well another great weekend where I got to play with a real band, even though it was 5 people who play, but not together usually. It was a great experience where I joined in on two of the 4 sets.

I was slightly under the weather with a cold, so no singing involved. I also though that it was my worst performance on stage. I had a lot of problems hitting the start of the beat. I put it down to the cold, but talking to my friend Clint, who’s party it was, there might well have been another reason.

Due to the ad hoc nature of the of the get together, the backing tracks that we normally use have the drums and bass on them. We still used the same backing tracks but mixing the actual drums and the tracks were not 100% in sync, which was not a surprise. We think that I was having trouble concentrating on one or the other as I was directly in front of the drums.

However it was a great experience. just one more ‘gig’ in 2 weeks time and then that it is it (as far as I know) until new year, so I can get back into re-starting grade 3 and improving my techniques.

6 Likes