tRONd’s learning log

Keep on Trondling

1 Like

Will do :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Me too :grin:

1 Like

Good stuff @tRONd , I’m planning on getting a learning log started up over this weekend, seems a fine way to keep oneself honest if nothing else!
Great to read yours and how you’ve gone about it :+1:

1 Like

Please do that @Notter I find it super fun and interresting to read other members log. Would love to read your!

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Stone - Whiskey Myers

Keep on doing what you’re doing Trond, it seems to be working very well :star_struck:

1 Like

Thanks a lot :pray:

So… now its done… i am amping up. The plan was going for a acoustic amp. But after a few members in this forum said that it works with regular amp as well, made me rethink the whole thing.
So passing by Oslo, i went into a store and checked around a bit. I ended up with the Yamaha THRII 30 wireless. It has a acoustic setting and it sounds great. The best thing is that its for a electrical guitar, but has a few settings for acoustic as well and it sounds great on acoustic.So now i can go for electric guitar someday without thinking about amp.

I have only tried it for a few hours. But i can allready see the benefit with amping up an acoustic. It is nice to put in some effects sometimes. But the best thing is that you can get some real volum when strumming with just your fingers, the same goes for finger plucking, much easier to get some real volum.

Will try to put out a AVOYP within the next weeks, will also try to do a small review on it. I know Shane is in the market for an amp and have this one on his list.

7 Likes

Gratulerer Trond! :sunglasses:
I’d like to say: My work is done, but you are only half way there.
Enjoy playing with it, experimenting and bonding; and ignore that tiny seed that is germinating in the depths of the dirt of the grey (no, black) matter of your brain.
When it sprouts, you should then consult the community for electric recommendations suitable for a Nordic axe-man :smiley:

1 Like

Wow, that’s cool Trond, let us know how you get along with it! And give us a sample of you playing and singing. Did you try it already with an electric, too? Looking forward to read about your experiences. Medium term I think about buying an amp for accoustic and electric too. But first I have to reach some individual goals. So, have fun with your new gear, sure you’ll be doing great.

1 Like

Enjoy it, Trond, sure you’ll have loads of fun with that.

1 Like

Hi @Helen0609

I dont have an electric guitar at the moment, just acoustic. I am however thinking really hard about going for an electric guitar further down the road… i do plan to make a AVOYP with the acoustic guitar and amp.
The one i want to do needs a bit of practise, so within the next weeks maybe :grin:

1 Like

Looking forward to it. Take your time, no need to hurry. Just cureous to hear the sound of an acoustic with the amp…

Well… i said i had a target for an OM before 2022 ends :rofl:
I did!!! And i can check that of my list. As far as milestones goes. I have to put that OM experience on the top. One take, one chance to «nail it» live in front of others is a completly different game than AVOYP.
I had the lyrics memorized down, i had played it «hundreds» of times. I could do the chords without even have to think… I had the text in front of me just in case i forgot it… and still i managed to mess up both the lyrics and chords :rofl:
But at the end of the day, that was a valuable lesson and it is one step closer to be confident to play in front of other people. Witch is one of my goals on top of my list.

6 Likes

Congratulations @tRONd on your Open Mic. It will be the first of many I’m sure.

Happy new amp day also.
But hey - never mind the amp … is that really the view from your window? Oh my … that is some beautiful scenery. When are you inviting us all to visit? :wink:

Thanks @Richard_close2u
Yep. Its a view straight onto a mountain pass called Norefjell
That is the southern part, or the beggining on northern Europes biggest «high mountain platou» called Hardangervidda.
Hardangervidda is a popular area for tourism from all over the world. In wintertime though it can be a pretty fierce area to be in.
As a funfact.
When Amundsen won the race to the southpole against Scott. He used Hardangervidda as a training ground. Because that area is not very unlike what you can find on the southpole…
He later stated that it was far worse to train on Hardangervidda than going to the southpole. They hit a fierce storm and had to dig in. The whole crew almost lost their lives.
If so… Scott would win that race and history would be a little bit different :grin:

Every one of you are more than welcome whenever you guys/girls like. If you ever crossing by Norway for some reason, give me a shout and i can show you the «high mountains» remember warm clothes though :rofl:

3 Likes

Like so many things in guitar, and indeed in life, the first time is the toughest step to take. Now you know that you can do it, because you’ve done it. And as I’ve said before, I had no idea and have no memory of the flubs.

My memory is of your intro banter that made me smile, the way you slipped into a vamp over which you entranced us with the guided visualisation, and then into the song. You sold the story of the song, I felt engaged, exactly how ‘perfect’ the performance was is of no consequence once you are beyond the point of working towards being able to play with clean chords, smooth changes, and steady rhythm.

For many, maybe all of us, the live performance is to a greater or lesser degree, like the elegant swan gliding across the lake while the webbed feet thrash away wildly unseen. My first OM was live face-face … between each song my hands were literally shaking, my body felt taut, I struggled to breathe. That was 9 months before Covid brought its shutdown. Two years later after 7 Community live experiences, and maybe 8 face-face OMs, I’m far more relaxed. I still make flubs, most often people say they never noticed and given I don’t notice all there self-proclaimed flubs, I’ll take that as truth.

So look forward with confidence and belief for the next. If you can seek out a local face-face, the more you do the more confident and accomplished you’ll become as a performer and entertainer. And you are already well on your way!

3 Likes

I take all that youre saying to heart @DavidP
Hopefully it is as you say and it is a bit «easier» after a while. And maybe we are our own worst critics and faults you do dont appear so clear as i thought.
Anyway… more opportunities on OMs down the road :grin: had a blast before and after my performance :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Great achievement Trond and you have every reason to be proud of yourself.

Nerves are such strange creatures aren’t they ? Like you say with all your preparation, that suddenly goes out the window come showtime. Does it get better ? Yes it eases a little but having them there keeps you on your game. When we did the Livestream experiment with Justin last year, the question of nerves came up in a lot of the chats and he openly admitting to still “bricking it” on bigger occasions and the bigger the event the bigger the nerves. Apparently, its how you channel them - I’m still trying to figure that one out! So no surprising us mere mortals suffer. We’re only human after all (Don’t put the blame on me). :wink:

More opportunities to come this year, just watch and listen for the call.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

2 Likes