Trying to get rid of jitters

That was brilliant. Do you have a link to the lesson you used to learn this?

That was fantastic Dennis. Really beautifully played :sunglasses:

Dennis, so beautiful! Nicely done. That is an inspiration for me. I am 68 and started guitar less than a year ago with Justin. I too have gravitated to finger style. This has given me motivation to keep on this course. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for all the comments. It’s really appreciated. I guess I have to relax when playing in front of other people and trust my ability.

2 Likes

I purchased the sheet music from (https://www.sheetmusicdirect.com/) and then input this in Guitar Pro software. I use this software now to learn new songs. It gives me the correct rhythm of the song, particularly more difficult sections. Then I try to play along with it.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

I’ve just started. I thought I would maybe be able bang out a few chords for a singalong after 3 years. You’ve just set my sights a mile higher. Bravo

1 Like

Bravo Denis! I thought you played very well and you should have no problem playing at your family reunion. Maybe play in front of a few small groups of family/friends before then? Thanks for sharing
Dave

Hi Denis,
Very impressive, I think having such a wonderful recording which is really not easy to do should help a lot. My Plan, whenever I get around to playing for other people, is to tell them if I mess this up that I have a recording of myself playing it perfectly. Which should take some pressure off. If only I had a recording :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Wonderful piece, especially after only three years of learning!

Hi Denis,

That was classic. You’ve got nothing to worry about. Of course, you’re bound to be a little nervous but there are a couple things you can do for those moments when you hit a glitch.

First, make the song your own. It’s your expression so the occasional deviation from what everybody else does is fine.

Second, if you make a mistake go right back and make the same mistake again :wink: the audience will think it’s part of the song.

Just getting up in front of people and having a crack at it is enough to win the hearts of your audience. If there are one or two in the crowd where that’s not enough then their heart isn’t worth winning in the first place. You’ve lost nothing.

Go for it.

cheers,
Richard

DenisG, that was amazing … you rock my friend. I wish I was 1/10 as good as you are!!!
You THE MAN and you are making me try even harder now.

THANK YOU for sharing your video!!!

Nice. You have arrived ! Robert

Thank you.

Wow - that’s quite an amazing first post!!! Outstanding performance, and I hope you post more.

Thank you Denis. I really enjoyed that. As someone who’s only been learning for a few months it gave me some real inspiration. Cheers, Dale :+1:

This is lovely, they’re gonna love it at the family reunion :v:

That’s simply beautiful.

Beautiful Denis!
Not a reason in the world to be nervous. Sounded awsome. Im a bit in shock that you play that well after just 3 years.
Pretty sure you have put down quite a few hours with practise?
Please do more videos :+1:

Thanks for those kind words. As for practise, I do one hour practises about 5 days a week. Sometimes I feel there is no progress for a while, so I change my practise pattern so that I don’t get bored. I have started using Guitar Pro software as an aid in learning new songs and it helps a lot.