GNS - December 2022 - U2 - One (Acoustic) plus Garbage - Dog New Tricks

So, haven’t posted here for a while. Decided to upload one of the earliest songs that I practised in regards to some of suspended (and open barre F chord substitution haha) chords used with open chords. In my humble opinion, I think this was an allright try :smiling_face: But, who knows.

plus

Garbage - Dog New Tricks: GNS - December 2022 - U2 - One (Acoustic) plus Garbage - Dog New Tricks - #17 by GNS

5 Likes

Nice job Aurimas and definitely better than alright! Keep up the good work!!!

1 Like

Thanks, Eddie, I try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great stuff Aurimas, well done :clap:

1 Like

Well done Aurimus. :clap:

1 Like

Guitar sounded great, Aurimas, good job on the chords and steady strumming. I think this is pretty tricky song to sing, to get the phrasing right over the rhythm, so well done on being able to play and sing through the song.

1 Like

Sounding good, Aurimas. You’re making great progress. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Hello Aurimas, this song is also on ‘my list’. I’ve a bit forgotten about it, so thanks a lot for bringing it back to my mind :hugs:.
Your playing was really nice, very clear and steady.
The singing part appears to be a bit tricky. Chapeau for giving it a try as well :clap::+1::smiley:.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another good job Aurimas and I suspect not an easy one to sing along to with phrasings and all that. Have you tried playing along with the original just to pick up some of the nuances?

1 Like

Nah, I didn’t, I’d wager the lead line of the guitar would just throw me off with that: ‘da-da-dadada-da da-da-dadada-daaaa’ lol.

As David I think you did a good job on the chords and steady strumming, it sounded good and I’m happy you seem aware of it…the singing seems to me quite tricky in this One, keep on going and I’m sure that overall you’ll sound great :blush:

1 Like

Not a great U2 fan but that was solidly played. Clean chords and changes and kept it moving along. Well done Aurimas !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Aurimas,

Great tune - isn’t it the song which kept them together?

Playing sounds good to me. Smooth changes and keeps up a tight tempo.

Digger

1 Like

@TheMadman_tobyjenner Stay with the Johnny Cash version, Toby. I was loving this song off his record and only later discovered it was originally by U2.

Hey, so I was bumbling around with my electric guitar today and decided to try-out something new, and this is what happened after a couple of tries. It’s kinda meh in places, but at least it was more fun than playing the same songs in my repertuare over-and-over-again. This is the clean sound version. Gonna do distorted once there are no more hiccups in the clean version.