Upgrading Guitar

I would seriously look at a Yamaha Revstar. But thatā€™s me.

1 Like

Thatā€™s where I got my acoustic from :grin:

1 Like

I see that I got tagged by @TheMadman_tobyjenner well what I have to say is very simple, if your current guitar is a recent Harley Benton LP alike then you would have to pay out at least double to get any branded one as good.
I have one of their Jazzmaster copies that I got for Ā£99 in a Black Friday sale, I did a few mods on it - new tuners and string trees plus new strings, itā€™s a decent guitar. A month ago I put a Trem system on it and thatā€™s now exactly what I wanted, I may in the future get some better pickups for it but that will only be if I can justify it.
If it plays ok why bother at your stage you wonā€™t really know the subtle differences; if it doesnā€™t play as well as you would like it to then it might need some attention. If youā€™re reasonably handy then adjusting the action on a guitar isnā€™t that difficult, follow a decent YouTube video and you should be ok.
Doing it yourself is useful because if you have to go to a luthier it can be expensive. Admittedly a luthier would make a better job of it and be more thorough but you have to think about the original price of the guitar. I do all of my own setups and mods and have only learned by having a go.

1 Like