Video lessons on old website

Hello
I have been using song book one for beginners for a few weeks now and referring to the old website for the video lessons. Up until now all the videos have been available. Today (26/01/22) they seem to be unavailable for the songs in the book. Has anyone else had this issue.

Thanks
Dale

Have you tried just searching for the song on YT? they will or are normally all there… I think the JG song books are THE best investment I ever made. Just absolutely great once you get beyond the basics (and even for the basics!).

Dale

Have you tried searching the song section on the main website ?

I just randomly googled Kenny Rogers The Gambler as I knew it was in BSB Book 1 Grade 1 from yonks back. Google spat out the link to the song in Justin’s Song inventory.

Just checked all of the 10 songs listed in BSB 1 Stage 1 and all ten lessons are on the website.

What are you missing ?

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks guys. This is the problem im having

The video that shows Justin going through the chord changes. It just says not available.

That is sometimes a regional thing… have you tried going into the YouTube website and just searching “Justin Guitar ** song title **” I’m sure you’ll find it…they are the ones that are linked on the website.

Dale I assuming you are referring to BS 104 ? I just checked and saw the same as you. A search on YouTube did not bring it up either. Sorry.

I assume the Yorkshire lad is actually in Yorkshire and not oversees ? That would rule the regional issues we see from time to time. But there again I am over in France.

Maybe a hosting issue ? 'Fraid I can’t help more than that.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Not sure if it helps but you can r-click or hold click to get the video url which seems to be the same YouTube video as the main site…

[Edit - so I understand the error is a 410 error which is designed to indicate to search engines that the resource is no longer available so they should de-link it (as opposed to 404 which is temporary). As such - it might be deliberate as a prior step to turning off the old website and it might be a good time to switch to the new one (but that’s just a guess) or it could be a change in the YouTube embedded page or video settings related to embedded content etc]

1 Like

Thank Al. This is the new lesson associated with the updated Beginner Course. Dale was accessing the lesson from the old site, that host the Classic Beginners Course, which is still out there but no access to the old lesson video, well this one anyway (I looked up the old Wish You Were Here earlier today, no issues). :sunglasses: