Video recording of me attempting St James Infirmary

Hope this is the right video - find this site v confusing. I copied link to post but not sure it even works. You have to sign into Facebook to see it. Wouldn’t have a clue how to do a YouTube video, never been on a site where you can’t just post videos. Anyway, if you do get to see it, it may encourage someone.

@3catmummy
Jane, I tried the link and response was …

You can always test your link. Use Ctrl+click on the link in the preview area when creating a post.

The way this site works does require you to have the video file accessible on the internet as the platform does not enable the drag and drop of a video directly into the post (at least you can drag and drop image files into your post)

You have many options to share a video. And the route you have taken ie to share a link to a Facebook post should work. You just need to figure out what is the correct link.

That said, there are Community members who are not on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels. So I think your better options are either to figure out YouTube or to store the video file on an online storage service such as Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.

For the latter you then share a link to the file, ensuring you have set up access permissions appropriately.

The former is perhaps not as hard as you may think, though you’d need a Google account, which is something you may or may not have or want. Once you have that, in simplest form, you can make a video using your phone and share it to your YT channel. This may only be possible on an Android phone, not sure.

I have no knowledge of the Apple ecosystem beyond my (perhaps unreasonable) perception that it works wonderfully provided everything you do is within the Apple ecoverse. Maybe there is a simple way to make a video on an iPhone, place it online, and share a link. I am sure if some of our Apple users read this they’ll confirm how easily and effectively you can do this.

I hope this helps you out, that you can get the sharing figured, cause I’d love to see your recording.

And when you do, please create the topic in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing

Hi Jane,
Only Watsapp and youtube music for me …and many with me I’ve read in between,…so work to do for you :grin: :sweat_smile:…good luck ,and it’s easier than I thought,…and I know really very few of these things :upside_down_face:
I eagerly await, :sunglasses:
Greetings Rogier

Hi Jane, maybe this post is of help