Videos stuttering and stopping

The last few days it seems like your site has been having problems. I have videos loading about 10 seconds before stopping to load more for 30 seconds, only to get another 10 seconds of video. Site is basically unusable while it is like this. Try doing Nitsujā€™s practices when the video stops every 10 seconds for 30, or remembering what is being talked about while watching the theory videos.

I speed tested my connection to make sure it isnā€™t my internet. Problem seems to be isolated to when I try to watch any videos here. Hopefully this gets resolved soon!

Itā€™s most likely that itā€™s a bandwidth problem, thereā€™s probably a lot of people trying to do the same thing. You may find that thereā€™s a better time of day to look at it.

Jesse, I just tried a couple of the videos of Nitsuj practice and both loaded quickly and played smoothly. I know such testing is very time and location specific. Maybe it is better your side now?

I can navigate around the website just fine, everything loads normally. Just the last few days when I click on videos, it takes a good 20 or 30 seconds just for it to start (and loads in low quality) and after about 5 or 10 seconds of video it stops again for another 20 or 30 (Tried again just now to see). Videos on YouTube load instantly in high quality.

Just thought Iā€™d mention it cause my internet connection seems fine. Iā€™ve been using the site for over a month and this is the first time encountering these kinds of loading times.

If it continues, maybe Iā€™ll have to try doing lessons in the evening instead of the morning.

Sorry to hear that, Jesse.

Beyond me to comment or offer any suggestions. Given that mine loaded and played fine, weā€™re into the dark and mysterious world of networking, which can be influenced by so many things, under various different partyā€™s control.

I tried before bed last night and it loaded quickly, and this morning it still loads quickly. Whatever the problem was seems to have resolved itself.

Thanks for investigating a little for me anyway :+1:

1 Like

Glad to hear it, Jesse. The vagaries of websites and the internet.

Iā€™ve been having video problems as well. I subscribed to the music theory course. The videos will not play. Same problem with the Nitsuj videos. All other videos play just fine.
Any suggestions?

@clandev
Welcome to the Community, Michael.

I have just tested a couple of the Nitsuj and Music Theory videos and they all played fine. If other videos are playing fine please share the specific videos that are not working.

Thanks

1 Like

I found why the video doesnā€™t always load well and sometimes will stutter, for me at least. The web browser apparently can make all the difference in the world. I like using Brave, but I noticed for whatever reason, it doesnā€™t always load videos well. When I try the same stuttery videos with Firefox, it loads perfectly.

Something to keep in mind for anyone experiencing this problem.

1 Like