tRONd - March 2022 - What It’s Like (Everlast) + Maybe It's Time (Bradley Cooper) + A Pirate Looks At 40 + Stone (Whiskey Myers)

Hahahahaha!! Not sure. Think they stopped after 2005 :rofl:

1 Like

I agree with Toby your disappointment at the end is unjustified! I am one of not too many apparently who knows the original (90s kid again :laughing:) and I really think you did it justice. One or two moments of hesitation but you got straight back to it which is the point. I didn’t miss those little licks from the original, I think in a shape and form you presented it the song is ready to be played in front of others.

In original yes of course the singer had a greay voice and unusual pronunciation however his voice I think was also mixed a lot. Your recording is really off the phone so bearing that in mind you did really good. So far my fav cover of yours (and you did Eddie Vedder already so that says a lot)! Well done in general and on the strumming, next on your list should be a simple song strumming with a pick :grinning: all the best

2 Likes

Good to see you putting yourself out there, man.
The style changes. The authenticity remains.
I presume we lose some of our uniqueness as we progress, like children learning to draw ‘properly’ :rofl:

Surely you mean? Who!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot Adrian :pray: i really appreciate that feedback.
The most important thing is that the strumming part was not completly out.
Everything else can be sorted out. I do not have a good feeling about my strumming, but i might be a little too hard on my self.

Glad you like it. And yes, the next one will be a easy one with pick :grin:

Thanks!!

Always enjoy your ones @tRONd. Similar taste in music I think.

I remember that song being all over the radio in the late 90s. Wouldn’t have known the name though. I think you did a great job.

1 Like

Glad you liked it @jkahn :grin:

Really appreciate your feedback.

Quickly we start to sound like what retired folk must have sounded like in the 60s when the Stones started making music

This is a rabbit hole for sure but I generally think of music as being made by people playing real instruments that can be played acoustically, and singing. I’m also OK with amplification and effects but eventually I think one moves out of one art form (‘music’) into something else that you listen to (which I may or may not enjoy)

1 Like

I take my self in thinking this a lot :rofl: my father hated the music i listended to… Metallica and such… and nagged about it.
I tell my teenage kids all the time that the music they listen to is junk :rofl: guess its just how it goes…
And i do agree with you on your view on music with instruments. Think todays music has becomed very complex with a mix of computers and instruments. I have the deepest respect though for people able to make music, regardless if i like it or not…
but yeah. Its a deep rabbit hole this one😁

1 Like

Like others have said Trond, the disappointed look at the end was not justified. I thought you did a marvellous job of it.

Your strumming is very good, so I hope that we see more strummed songs from you.

Thanks Stefan!! :pray:
Really appreciate it!!

To those of you that dont know him and never heard his music.
Urge you too check out this one… it kind of sums it all up :grin:

And play it out load!!

2 Likes

Love this song! In fact, I heard it in the radio last week and thought, “I should give that a try. “ I’ve been working on it myself this week. It’s really fun to play.

I remember the song from the 90s but didn’t know much about Everlast. After reading up on him this week, I went deeper into his music. There’s some great stuff he put out. Acoustic blues guitar mixed with rap? Creative. Whitey Ford is a great album.

Great run at this song. Tough one to sing and play but you put your own stamp on it. Keep practicing and you’ll kill it.

As others me have said, try it with a pick. That how I’ve been playing it and it makes a big difference, especially that intro rif on the D minor. That song really wants those notes to be snappy and clear.

Good luck and thanks for sharing. (Love your house too!)

1 Like

Hi @Tjudson

Cool!!! Totaly agree with you. This song needs pick to make those high notes ring. Its a work in progress that one :grin: and yes. Its a super fun song to play. Few chords, can be played quite easy, but there is quite a few details here and there that can make it difficult as well. The lyrics is hard. But i have figured them out now, and where he cheats with the words. As soon as you get the lyric to float the song is not that hard to play…
Loved it that you have discovered him. He is very underated as an artist and is quite a good bluesman, he likes to mix a lot of it with hiphop beats and that is probably to not everyones taste. But a very cool guy…
please keep at it and show me how you play it one day… maybe i can pick up a thing or two on how you do it….

Having read thru all the comments on your video, take it from this old salt, you had me 10 seconds into that song!! You did a great job on that one! Put your own touches on it and made it yours. That’s what we all want to do to tell our story, just hope I can do as well as you. Well done my friend!

1 Like

Thanks Wayne :pray:
That was some very nice words. I really appreciate it… glad you liked it. Thanks a lot!

Whatever stage you’re at, if you’re improving due to stubborn repetition, that’s the most important thing. Forget how difficult you think the words, or the rhythm, or the licks are. When you master them, through your own efforts, you will have the biggest smile on your face that you’ve ever seen. Keep at it … and make it perfect :-)).

1 Like

Hi David.

Too me that is the essence on why i bother playing guitar. The very very small steps i take. And suddenly something kind of feels like music one day after a lot of struggle…

You are absolutly right :+1:

1 Like

That song has been haunting my mind since it came out.
Always had issues with timing + singing when I tried this song. It’s harder than it looks;

nice rendition!

1 Like

I was aware of a plastic Paddy rapper who had a ‘war of words’ with m&m, and I was not impressed with the only MTV song I had seen, but this song make me think I should have a listen to the Whitey Ford album.
This old dog is happy to change his mind :wink:

1 Like

Ooohhh!! You have missed out my friend!:rofl:

1 Like