What's the point? 🤔

A couple of years ago I went to a fancy restaurant where they had insects on some of their dishes (for real). I ate something with ants in.

Sorry if they were family Brian. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I’ve pointed out my personal preference and that of a lot of players. I prefer Rooibos tea over green tea. Is that a knock on green tea?

Finding your own voice is a pretty well known concept among a lot of players, I’m not really sure why a player would want to push back so hard on it. That’s fine to resist it. I’ve never once heard you play and I would guess that you have never heard any of my tracks where I play (for better or worse) in the spirit of J.J. Cale, David Gilmour, Billy Gibbons, Santana and other lesser known players and teachers.

So yeah, I try to emulate and lift a phrase or two, capturing the essence and tone but also add my own twist. It’s what I do and have done a lot. Just as copying someone lick for lick can get pretty boring (for those that want to blaze their own path), so too can playing in someone else’s style.

My points have been made, I will now walk away. :slight_smile:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=find+your+own+voice+on+guitar

A few years back, I visited Colombia. There were street vendors selling Hormigas Culonas, “Big Butt Ants,” a type of South American leafcutter ant with a large rear end that are roasted and sold as a snack on the street. I tried some. I did not find it pleasant.

1 Like

You are so wrong…,…,… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I had a cough with oatmeal raisins and banana,… :grimacing: :joy:

Good morning :sunglasses: