What's Up by 4 Non Blondes Lesson

The singing part I didn’t find too bad, it was when Linda hums that I found really difficult and it took me ages to get that.

2 Likes

There’s humming? I suppose I ought to listen to the original. But I suspect you don’t have to hum if you don’t want to.

1 Like

Yes, the humming comes between the pre-chorus and the chorus but give the original a listen. Of course not, remember you’re making it your own.

1 Like

Rebecca its more woohoo ooing than humming but its certainly not words. Definitely worth a listen to the original, not only for that but the whole vibe of the song.

Edit for the live official vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NXnxTNIWkc

2 Likes

The music video is very helpful because if you watch carefully you can see she is not using an A barre cord at the 5th fret as Justin surmised, but is instead using more of a hybrid traditional/power A chord on the 2nd fret with her thumb wrapped over the top to mute the low E string. But Justin’s video description of how she is letting the open strings ring out in the chord transitions seems bang on. What an awesome song!

1 Like

Hi David welcome to the forum and glad the video helped. Always good to put things into persepective.

Why not pop over HERE and introduce yourself.

:sunglasses:

1 Like