Who remembers these ...?

Now Iā€™ve seen the picture, eeee gods yes I remember them. Guess I never knew their name, was just a copier to me. I was young and naĆÆve. :wink:

1 Like

Apparently too naĆÆve to be sniffing ditto paperā€¦.:man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Weird never did any of that stuff, despite it being all over. Was happy with beer n bikes. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi Richard

I do remember using one back in the mid 1970ā€™s when I worked in the UK (now live in the US). We used them to duplicate build of Materials and other forms. You made a ā€˜masterā€™ sheet and then used a hand crank to make copies. I think the chemicals was a mix of methylated sprits and ? Still remember the smell. Fond memories

1 Like

Maybe youā€™re just too young, and they werenā€™t being used anymore by the time you were in school. You couldnā€™t help but notice the smell of fresh dittos when they were handed out.

2 Likes

I came across this thread in a roundabout way, and looked at the pics of the handwritten scores.
One thing that stood out was Scarborough Fair - something I learned when I first tried guitar 20 odd years ago.
Couldnā€™t remember the chord sequence, so seeing this was a breath of fresh air :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I not only remember Dittos that the teacher would hand out but that if we were instructed to put our heads down on the desk, the desk too smelled like Dittos! I had totally forgotten those things but this thread brought it all backā€¦ long, long time ago!!!

Tod

They were used through mid-80s