Wind of Change - The Scorpions - update July 2023 - post 57

Hello Community Guitar Friends :hugs: I’m working on this Chord Melody arrangement and I thought to ask for your opinions. It’s a long term project…I’m working it out by myself by ear :sweat_smile::grin:
I seem unable to play without hiccups or mistakes, playing to an (aiming to be) steady time still requires so much effort…maybe I’ll get better when I’ll grow older :see_no_evil:
Please be indulgent with my F chord, but any criticism or advice will be very welcome!

38 Likes

Hey @SILVIA that’s really good, it’s not that easy to figure out that sort of thing; keep going it will happen - just singing it while playing it then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hi @SILVIA that was really very nicely done, and thank you for sharing. If this is work in progress, I can’t imagine how beautiful the finalized version will be!

1 Like

That sounded so beautiful Silvia, and working out by ear is truly impressive. The timing isn’t bad at all, especially for work in progress and F sounded very solid!
Loved the ending smile, you absolutely should be as pleased as you look :slight_smile:

1 Like

Instantly recognisable Silvia so you must be on the right track, Very impressive to be honest and beyond anything I could be doing, so well done. Love to see how this develops.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

That was both really good and also really impressive Silvia. You may call it a work in progress but it seems you are pretty close to the end product. Take a bow :bowing_woman:!

1 Like

I’m most impressed that you’re working that out by yourself. The piece is sounding super already. When your work in progress is completed it’ll be terrific. It’s a great song and one that’s worth persevering with.
Loved the smiles. That’s what learning guitar is all about.
Well done Sylvia.
I look forward to you adding in the whistling. :smiley:

1 Like

Wow! That was super cool, Silvia! :sunglasses::+1: And well done on working that out by ear, very impressive! :star_struck:
Sounds great to me and plenty of complexity in there with those tricky changes and finger picking thrown-in for good measure. You seem to have a good handle on areas to tweak already, but you’re very close to a finished product imo. Congrats on the hard work it would’ve taken to get to this point! :clap::smiley:
PS always such a delight to see you smiling throughout these recordings! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

The smile says it all! That was beautifully played Silvia. So impressed that you’ve done this all by ear. Well done.

1 Like

Really really nice, very impressive to be working it out on your own!

1 Like

Hi Silvia,
Still waiting to hear the major blunders and the song has been over for a couple of minutes now. You did a great job. Lots of smiles from your end were a bonus!

I don’t think your playing will improve by “getting older”. It will improve as you get older due to more practice time and playing more. At least I think that is the case.

All the best,
LB

1 Like

That is wonderful alround, Silvia. Your learning and growth is inspirational … transcribing, arranging, playing, recording, and so obviously loving every moment.

I’m curious as to your thoughts about your F chord as it currently is, based on your framing of it in the post “Please be indulgent with my F chord”

What a wonderful piece of music. I did not know the song, my only listening to The Scorpions being the album Love At First Sting which I think is a fabulous album.

Once again shows the ability of a quality rock band to produce the most enjoyable ballads and radio-ready chart-toppers when they are so inspired IMHO

1 Like

It’s great to see an updated recording of this piece that you’ve been working hard on. You are making fantastic progress with it. It sounds absolutely wonderful and it’s so impressive that you have worked it out by ear. I look forward to listening to more arrangements that you produce.

1 Like

This is one of the most recognisable songs, mostly due to the fall of the Berlin Wall. Even if it is a work in progress your arrangement feels great. Once completed, if you are willing to share the tabs, I would be delighted to try it on.

As many above already said, your musicianship and natural talent really shines through this work.

1 Like

This is how you do it, great work!!!
You are an inspiration.
Keep up the great playing.
Respectfully,
Rene

1 Like

Well, I’m no guitarist as yet however I have loved music since the womb and I loved it @SILVIA

1 Like

That was great!!!

1 Like

That was really nice, Sylvia.
well done.
You were smiling the whole way trough,
Besides your nice playing that was fun to watch

@SILVIA that’s some pretty awesome playing, Silvia. For me it’s all about playing it so many times that muscle memory takes over and the fingers are sort of on auto pilot. You’re sounding good and well on your way.

Hello Silvia, wow, that’s absolutely awesome :star_struck:. You must have put lots of time and effort in this project. But it was absolutely worth it :smiley:. Wonderful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.