Wind of Change - The Scorpions - update July 2023 - post 57

@DarrellW @TRJ @TheMadman_tobyjenner @Notter @Eddie_09 @sairfingers @nzmetal @prbushe @Mari63 @Socio
Thank you all so much for taking the time to give it a listen and commenting so nicely :heart_eyes::blush: To be honest I’m much impressed myself of being able of this, as at the beginning I couldn’t even work out the simple melody of Happy Birthday and also took a while to understand that it was in 3/4! It’ll be a bit more challenging now as I think some strumming dynamics need to be added…let’s see what happens…I’m afraid I’ll get stuck at the electric guitar solo!

6 Likes

Hello :hugs:… just one major blunder I think :sweat_smile: thanks for the encouragment, I think that with practice I’ll feel more confident while playing and feel less the effort. I know the effort doesn’t show much because I try and smile but it’s there, I guess it’s normal.

1 Like

Hi David, thank you so much for your feedback, you’re always very supportive and I…we all appreciate you a lot!

This is a wonderful song indeed!

I was surprised you didn’t know it, the Scorpions are German, so I guess their popularity is mostly European.

The F…abolus chord: my index finger is curved and it shouldn’t and midlle refuses to stay curled nicely on the frets as it should…that said all the notes ring out perfectly…but I know this is an aspect I’ll have to work on soon or late.

1 Like

Thank you Radek, I really appreciate your feedback! My only natural talent is perseverance, but when it comes to Musicianship I think that each one of us has his/her own Musicality and that we just need to find a way to get started and develop it!
I’m writing down the musicsheet in standard notation, if you have a very basic knowledge of it you’ll be able to understand it, as the notes are all in the first position and also the chords are written down. But I can make a Tab as well if you’ll be interested :blush: Such a honour for me if you then will like it enough to give it a try!

@ReneAsologuitar @JasonBuk
@CateB @oldhead49 @NicoleKKB @ToniMacaroni

Thank you all so much for taking the time to give it a listen and commenting so nicely…it really means a lot! :heart_eyes::blush::pray: Yes Nicole, I’ m putting in time and effort but it’s very exciting and rewarding!

3 Likes

Really great job Silvia instantly recognizable and I am in huge admiration to your transcribing and making your own arrangements skills. Awesome job!

1 Like

Thanks Silvia! I can deal with the notation but it you want your arrangement to propagate with ease (be shared) tabs would be better. There is a software doing this automatically if I’m not mistaken, Guitar Pro.

1 Like

Thank you Adrian for checking it out and for your words of appreciation…This is not an easy route to travel but it is amazing how rewarding it is and I’ll keep working on this project a little by little so it will take a few months I think. Recording and sharing with all of you in the Community is very motivating for me. Thank you again and again!

Hey Silvia. So pretty. Love your transcribing skills. Well done on your fingerpicking and strumming together. As others have said, such a nice smile throughout your performance. Great stage presence. I always love to listen to you. Good work!

1 Like

@pkboo3 Thank you so much! :heart_eyes::pray: Smiling helps to melt the tension and while I started faking it then it becomes genuine sometimes! You noticed I did one little strum…yay :partying_face: …it’s the first time I do it…in the following two verses it’ll be more because it builds to the big chorus! I have in my mind how to do it but I don’t know if it’ll work yet :crossed_fingers: How exciting! :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Hi Silvia, I’m a little late to this one, I saw your post, but couldn’t comment earlier.
Sometimes, it’s really funny. The day before you posted, a video of an interview with Klaus Meine of the Scorpions popped up somewhere and I remembered the Wind of Change song. As a German, I’m very familiar with this piece of music, as it’s an iconic song and was played alomst to death at our radio stations. As with all music that comes to my mind, since I play (practice) guitar, I asked myself, how this melody would sound played on acoustic guitar…
I only had to wait a few hours - now I know! I can’t believe, that you figured out the whole melody by your own, great job! And you played it very well, couldn’t really perceive major issues with the F -Chord, just don’t talk about it :wink:. Wish you a lot of fun with your work in progress, warm greetings, Andrea

1 Like

You’re doing great and I just wish I would’ve started trying to learn the guitar before I turned 66. So yes you will get better when you get older but the important thing is you started when I wish I would’ve started. Keep it up…you’re doing great.:+1:

1 Like

Hi Andrea and thank you…I’m very proud of a German liking this :pray::sweat_smile: The more challenging but fun part will be now going to the chorus and let it “explode”…I hope the final product won’t disappoint you :see_no_evil:

Same here in Italy :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks so much for your encouragment…age has a few cons but very valuable pros too, such as patience, self-knowledge and thoughtfulness and for the luckiest some wisdom too! You may have some more spare time too at 66…I think that starting early as a child or a teen would be ideal…but after about 30 any age is the right age to start. Learning to play some music on the guitar is a great opportunity…I know for the most playing songs is what it is all about…but before songs there’s yourself, your desire and joy of learning and the daily enjoyment in practicing. I wish you a fun and enjoyable journey! And thanks again for your kind feedback, it really means a lot.

1 Like

Respect!

Great exercises for your ear and exploring chord shapes and related notes!

Sweet rendition of the song as well!
(I know it well, it was the opening dance on my wedding :smiley: )

1 Like

Oh… what a great choice on your wedding dances! Thank you Lieven, it is actually a great exercise at 360 degrees but based indeed on the ear skills and with the final goal to start feeling and developing a real connection with the fretboard. The beginning is sweet but after this bit I recorded the verses start growing…and then…the chorus!

Hi Silvia,

That is one of my favorites from the Scorpions-very inspiring music. I can tell you have a lot of patience and give yourself time to really perfect what you play. I wish I could join in and play rhythm to your lead. Very nice job.

Jeff

1 Like

Well now Silvia, that is, Wind of change, no doubt about it. That is a cracking job at working that one out and such a great song too. Your ear training is serving you well. I love the arrangement on it as well.

1 Like

@SgtColon Thank you Stefan for being always so supportive :blush: I agree this is such a great song!

1 Like

Hi Jeff, thank you for listening and commenting! Now my challenge is to have Melody and Rhythm all together…at the moment I’m adding more strumming in the following verses and I’m also slapping the body of the guitar right before the chorus! I’m so curious to see what it will be like when I’ll be able to play it on time. In the meanwhile metronome metronome and metronome :grin::innocent::sweat_smile: