Wish You Were Here - Take 1 - No Solo

Thanks for the advice Dale. I do the hammer on because I can’t seem to not do it…I keep trying and it always ends up being a hammer on.

Three times every time you see your face in a mirror at home … just kidding :laughing:

The power of the mind, it is totally unjudgmental, just responds to your thoughts and words. It would have been fabulous to have you play those two songs today … ah well … next time

Wish You Were Here. Sorry, in my memory I’d seen it used in the thread and so went for the abbreviation … just goes to show, a shortcut often is not the least effort in the long run :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks LBro. I love singing. Lots of room for improvement if I could get some vocal training and quit vaping. We all have our strengths and weaknesses… Some sing better, some play better, but we can all reach higher levels with lots of practice. For those who wish to sing better… I suggest you sing everyday as you go about your solo activities…doing chores, driving… walking… sing the song you are practicing on guitar. Practice trying to get the high notes by taking a deep breath right before launching into it. That’s what I do. I will try your advice for splicing.

1 Like

I will be in the audience though, cheering you guys/gals on. And you should all know I wish I had the nerves to be in your place…I will get there.

1 Like

Good advice Sandy!

On breathing, taking a deep breath is good. Yet I find breathing from the abdomen is a skill worth investing in.

If you are looking for singing lessons, perhaps you have seen or heard of Chris Liepe? There are likely other “free” lessons out there, but I have found none with as much quality content as Chris has put up. If you are interested in the challenge and want to learn more, check out his YT channel(s) here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCatVlK-imF7H9o0RDGOYWAg
OR
His website here:

Mind you he has “pay” stuff, but a ton is FREE!
All the best,
LB

1 Like

Will check him out… I sometimes follow this fellow: https://www.youtube.com/c/kentamplin

Thanks - I took a quick look. Looks to have some really good stuff too. Maybe more centered on specific covers?

Chris will sort of do that. He takes isolated singer tracks and really breaks down what the singer is doing. Very in depth, even in the mixing at times. But more-so Chris really teaches technique.

One last thing; on the video fades. Check out how I used them below. I am not plugging my stuff. Just showing you how 3 second fades look. To me it is pretty smooth. The video starts right before the 1st fade out and back in. I think there are 3 in this area and it was the only way I could get the timing right, to match the song. If you watch further, there are examples of fades at every picture or video segment change…

Take good care,
LB

1 Like

As i said on youtube, I LOVED your vocal on this!! :slight_smile: THe only thing i would work on though is the smooth chord transitions more, but other than that you did fantastic. I think you sing this song better than i do!! Keep on keepin on! I enjoy your videos!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that song! Your ambitious to choose Pink Floyd! :smiley: I admire how far you have come with it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you Byron. It means a lot. You are such a great player… Open Mic just finished. You should play it one day.

1 Like

Thanks Suzanne… It’s a work in progress. Started it Nov 2020… I couldn’t even transition or play most of the chords then but finally coming together… it’s listenable

2 Likes

I always play it as a hammer on too, my comment was more on leaving that finger down to let the note ring longer.

1 Like

Will try it. Thanks for the advice

y

2 Likes

Brilliant Maggie.

What comes to mind as I read those affirmations is the remembering how poorly the mind deals with ‘not’, things stated in the negative.

How many times, after being asked by my wife, have I said something like ‘I won’t forget to buy bread and milk on the way home’ and walked in without stopping off for the bread and milk. The brain having inconveniently ignored the ‘not’ and wired in ‘forget to buy bread and milk’.

1 Like