Eventually All Difficult Grades Become Easier

Here’s my go, read bottom to top.

Echo
Always
Don’t
Guitars
Bad
Even

Doesn’t make much sense, but the ‘echo’ reminds me there’s 2 E-strings and its odd to imagine an echoing guitar, which helps me remember :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Daniel,
Welcome here and I hope you have fun :sunglasses:…here’s a bunch of flowers :sunglasses: for the most obscure Mnemonics as far as I’m concerned…and there’s even a Danish one here above :laughing: and I’m a (also)Dutchman :smile: :wink:
Greetings and don`t be a stranger :sunglasses:

1 Like

This was the one that stuck for me since I was a kid

Every Alien Dog Gets Big Ears

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Brandon! Thanks for the mnemonic. That’s one I can remember!

1 Like

From thick to thin, the one I’ve always used is Eat All Day, Get Big Easily.

1 Like

Thick to think, german too

Ein
Anfänger
Der
Gitarre
Habe
Eifer

A beginner at guitar should be enthusiastic

2 Likes

Yes dear, they are.

1 Like

Hello!
The Grade 1 test link at the bottom of the page is broken :frowning:
/Johan

1 Like

Hi Johan, @johanlinderoth

That link does indeed not work here either, but if you tap the bottom of all the lessons in the row module 1 lesson 9, which the last appears without video, that is the test (or am I mixing things up and isn’t the quiz the substitute for the test here? …anyway do it, succeed and you will be just as happy and good :smile:) … good luck, :crossed_fingers: and welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Eating And Drinking Gives Brain Energy

2 Likes

Here’s mine: Even Absolute Dummies Get Better Eventually

2 Likes

Mine is from 6-1:

Eating
All
Day
Gets
Boring
Eventually

1 Like

I love this one! My problem with mnemonics is, ironically, that I have difficulty remembering them. :rofl:
Welcome to the community, @Ocden Ned.

2 Likes

I can remember this one, too, but mostly because my mind appends a parenthetic (NOT!) to the end. :smile: Welcome to the community, @Cyco81 Richard.

1 Like

Thanks @judi, I’m happy to have found Justin and this community.

1 Like

Every Brilliant Guitarist Deserves An Encore

1 Like

I can’t take the credit for making this one up but it’s the one I use:

Elephants
And
Donkeys
Grow
Big
Ears

:elephant: :horse: :ear:

1 Like

Eddie Ate Dynamite, Goodbye Eddie.

By far the most useful mnemonic I have encountered is:

Father Charles Goes Down And Ends Battle.
Read left to right it follows the Circle of fifths.

Read it right to left and it follows the Circle of Fourths
Battle Ends And Down Goes Charles Father

The guitar is usually tuned in fourths, (apart from the B string which is a third apart). so this mnemonic also helps to quickly identify the notes on the fretboard.
How? Pick any note and simply follow the sequence.
Eg. A (And) at 5 fret 6th string, so D (Down) at 5th string, G (Goes) at 4th string, C (Charles) at the 3rd string, then F (Father) on the 2nd string, however going from string 3 to 2 we must move up one fret to compensate for the tuning 4th to 3rd).
The only other trap is the need to move up a fret after encountering the F (Father), regardless of the string.
E.g F (Father) fret 1 string 6, so B (Battle) will be on String 5 but fret 2.
Followed by E and A on strings 4 and 3. D on string 2 fret 3 followed by G on string 1.
Other than that, pick any note and follow the mnemonic to work out the note sequence.

1 Like