1st recording including request to play a board game

My 1st attempt at recording myself. Just my old iPhone propped on my desk stuck in the corner of the bedroom because my oldest daughter took over the music room with her keyboard.

Couple of days into learning If it makes you happy by Sheryl Crow. A song I’ve paid little regard but have really enjoyed playing along with and noticing how cool the groove is and, to my surprise, how dirty the guitar sounds in the original.

Not the full song as I was interrupted by my youngest to play a board game with her (I cant say no).

I sure hope the link works and I’ve done this properly. Just like the geetar this is a learning process

7 Likes

Hi Colin,
Your video is on prive setting…
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

Hey Colin,

Just a quick note. Your Youtube video is set to Private, so only you can see it. Set it to ‘Unlisted’ in Youtube and all should be good.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

See…learning already. Thanks @sclay @roger_holland

1 Like

We’ve all done it Colin.:grin: Easy fix.

I’ve edited and I think it now public. Be great if you could check see if it good now @sclay

All good mate. Checking it out now.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know Shane.
Never mind learning something new everyday, I feel like I’m learning something new every 5 minutes at the moment.

Thanks once again :grinning:

Hey Colin,

Congraulations on your first video post.
Lots to like here mate. Good cruisy strumming, with a solid tempo (rhythm is king) and nice clear chords. You looked pretty relaxed too, given its your first post.

Well done. Looks like a solid foundation to build upon.

Cheers, Shane

1 Like

Hi Colin,
That’s a good first post ,congratulations :partying_face:, neatly changed the chords and all notes can be heard clearly…no weird string buzzing,…and a solid rhythm is really important…so…bravo :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

First post is your first win, Colin. Nice and relaxed. And you’ve got your priorities right going off to play with your daughter!

1 Like

Congrats on your first AVoYP. Sounded good, strumming and chord changes good no buzzes or muted strings, good first effort.

1 Like

Great first vid! I know they feeling with being interrupted, they won’t wait.

1 Like

Congrats on that first, most difficult, post, Colin. Sounding really good, relaxed, smooth, steady, clean, and liked the tone. Lots to like.

1 Like

Thanks all @roger_holland @jkahn @DavidP @skinnyt @Willsie01 @sclay.

My 1st post Shane but not my 1st recording attempt. Was the 1st time I hadn’t completely cocked the song up I was playing though. Not a full song like I said but I was soo keen to break the ice and post something.

My next goal is to post a full song then a full song with singing :grimacing:

2 Likes

Nice and solid start Colin, congrats on your first AOVYP ! :+1:
Good to see you playing something that sounds like it would not be on your musical radar. Its great to learn an play songs that are not just in the usual genres you follow. It can through up interesting progressions and strumming patterns, so always keep an open mind and play all sorts of different styles of songs.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Cheers @TheMadman_tobyjenner ,

That is something that has struck me learning through JG. Very varied genres but all with something to offer. I do like a gritty guitar though, Tom Waits, Beast of Bourbon, Stooges type style.

That was nice and smooth! Great recording! I also record in a location that isn’t private. Soooo many interruptions it is hard to even get a clean recording at all. Ah, well. It is better than hiding in the basement.

Isn’t there an “unlisted” setting on you tube? That lets you send links but doesn’t make it public for anyone to find.

1 Like

Thanks @Jamolay.
My girls don’t interrupt me too much so I don’t really mind although it would be nice to have a room dedicated.
Not sure bout the YouTube thing. I’ll check it out

Nice! Enjoyed listening thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like