1st shoot after completing grade 1

Am happy to share my progress.

Please watch

https://youtube.com/shorts/J0nJIhLeZC4?si=4cvwuWRIEYtSrYab

14 Likes

Very nice. What language is that?

It is Kinyarwada language. I am from Rwanda . The song says(What a sweet name that comforts the weary; it is the name of our Savior.)

1 Like

Lovely singing and playing. You have a strong voice and its a nice melody. Thanks for posting.

I think this should have been posted in the “AVOYP” section and not in the “Guitars, instruments and maintenance” section.

Ian

Very nice indeed, good singing and playing. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your progress. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for the comment and orientation.

Noted

Congrats on completing Grade 1, Rachel. Both your playing and singing were lovely, sounded really good.

Wish you well in Grade 2.

In future I hope you’ll take video with your phone and share as a YouTube video rather than a short. Would be lovely to hear you play and sing a full length song.

Keep on keeping on

1 Like

Hello Rachel. That was a very pretty song and your playing and singing are enjoyable. Keep on playing and sharing!

Rachel, that was just beautiful! Your playing and voice are both amazing. If you can do this at grade 1 level, I can’t wait to see future videos.

Ohhh thank you so much for your encouragement

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement! :heart: I truly appreciate it. I’ll keep playing and sharing! :guitar::musical_notes:

Thank you! :blush: That’s actually a great idea. I’ll make sure to do a longer video next time! :guitar::musical_notes:

1 Like

Rachel

What a sweet song that comforts the weary! Well sung, well strummed, well played.

Brian

Thank you

Hey Rachel,

Thanks for sharing. It’s great to hear something different than the more usual pop/rock/folk/blues. You look so relaxed playing and singing at the same time and I really like the finger-picking for the first verse. I’m another beginner so I can’t really say anything constructive other than how impressed I am – and to echo David’s suggestion to record a full length song.

Best wishes,
Anthony

That was really lovely, nice job! The playing was really solid, and your voice sounds amazing. Keep it up!