4:4 Fingerstyle Patterns

@MAT1953

Take this one step at a time.
The crucial approach to fingerstyle is to practice and play the patterns in super-slo-mo tempo and to be patient in developing finger control and independence.
Travis can wait.

1 Like

Richard @Richard_close2u
Had a look at the video above and Justinā€™s lesson and Travis picking definitely beyond me at present.
Have been working on the 6:8 pattern in grade 2 off and on for a couple of months essentially to play House of the rising sun. Yesterday was the first time I played the whole chord sequence through and as you know the chords change virtually ever bar, so quite a challenge, just the tempo and singing to sort out now!
One thing you learn very quickly with finger style is how accurate or not your fretting with chords are.
Michael

Yeah and you feel like a total newb when it comes to changing chords. Its gets better with time Michael. Along with my fingerstyle solo blues, Iā€™ve also been playing folk style patterns pretty much solid for 3 months and they are just beginning to gel. Hang in there.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner

You are right itā€™s not quite like starting again but it is a bit like that.

Took a while to get the hang of the 6:8 pattern but when I had a go at the 4:4 one it took about 5 mins to get to play the finger sequence but not really had much of a go at chords of Wonderful Tonight yet.

I did take a look at the folk finger patterns a while ago but didnā€™t make much progress so decided to come back to at a later date.

Michael

1 Like

Donā€™t take about 5 years like me :wink:

1 Like