'74-'75... and that's a slap!

Thanks Brian, David’s and Luka’s comment made me unsure what you meant by hit but I will take it as a radio hit! :smiley: haha cheers for the listen!

1 Like

Gordon, @roger_holland, @Notter, @Karende and @Mari63 thanks guys glad you enjoyed it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just WOW Adrian, Wow!, The singing and strumming and I guess some picking? I really enjoyed it, I couldn’t help playing it twice :clap:

1 Like

Thanks Darrell always too kind! Mate please don’t do this to me, this song sits on my list of things to learn for so long now :smiley: I know it will be a pit or a well I will fall into for weeks if not months to come if I start playing it :smiley: but its circling closer and closer to the top of my list! :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks Swas, you are a courageous man if you went for twice in a row! :grinning: glad you enjoyed it, some single notes performed but mostly tried to play it with other strings ringing out at the same time, a lot of middle fingernail usage to pick up individual notes! All the best.

1 Like

Wonky memory on that one I’m afraid David. :slight_smile:

Hi Adrian. Pretty sure I owned that song on vinyl when that was still a thing. Your version is great. Love your playing.

1 Like

I remember it too Richard Corinne & Richard Coles. More Than Words. - YouTube . You could probably do a great cover yourself now too, now that you’re singing!

2 Likes

@DavidP @Mari63
My bad.
I misread and thought David was referring to the song @adi_mrok posted here in his original post.

It’s a while since I played that, I could dust it off I’m sure but the vocal is way out of my reach.

2 Likes

We could do a collab then would save me some time learning it to play :rofl: however I do plan to learn it one day! :grinning:

3 Likes

@adi_mrok, I think all the practice you put in truly shows up in your playing, and that’s great advice RE slowing things way down to practice! I often times get impatient and expect to play something new at near normal speed. I forget how useful it is to slow things down enough to make it possible to play a phrase correctly and gradually bring it up to full tempo. Thanks!

1 Like

Really nice work Adrian. You’re looking and sounding as though you own the song and you’ve made it your own. I found myself completely engrossed.

On your Scarlett I can see both Input 1 and Input 2 lighting up but can only see one cable into Input 1. I think I can see a cable coming from your guitar. How have you set this up?

Thanks Maggie, you are too kind! :blush: if you look closely you will see 2 cables going out and 2 circles flashing as well, one for the mic and the other for guitar :slight_smile: cables are close to each other though and quality of the video is not super sharp so might not be that well visible. All the best.

1 Like

Thanks. I could see both green circles lighting up but couldn’t see two cables, that was the mystery.

1 Like

Another fine track in the books! Well done. Nice thumpy bits. Vocals on point as always, and strumming on time. Nailed it sir!

1 Like

Thank you Clint much obliged! Hope to see you with an axe in your hand soon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Adrian! I’m playing & practicing, just not clicking the red button. Lots of goings on and never a dull moment.

1 Like

Well as long as you are back on the saddle that puts a smile on my face, hopefully some nice ideas will come soon that are worth sharing :slight_smile: all the best Clint.

1 Like

Love the song, love your cover and a lovely bit of slapping.

Brilliant work Adi.

Thanks Stefan!