A big milestone of mine - finally started playing with other people

I want to share with you a big milestone of mine. :slight_smile:

When I started the JustinGuitar beginner course a couple of years ago, one of my long-term goals was to start playing with other people. Earlier this year, we created a community at work focused on playing instruments and eventually organized jam sessions in the office.

Here’s the video from the last jam session. It’s mostly improvised because we figured out the chords and just played. All of Justin’s music theory, ear training, and transcription lessons are helping a lot in such situations where you have to figure out things on the go. I’m playing the blue guitar.

Now onto the next long-term goals… One is Justin Guitar’s open mic event. I feel I had to write this to make myself feel accountable and indeed join it one day. :wink:

27 Likes

Sweet! Must feel great to be putting it all together like that. Hope to get there someday… :star_struck:

1 Like

@kamkor Wow and kudos to you.
I believe you may be coming on too modest - you played great. Too modest about the ‘blue guitar’ also … a Silver Sky I do believe.
Vibes.
Be good to see what you bring to an OM.
Grooving and jamming to a backing track or just vamping on some chords is as welcome as playing and singing at the open mics.
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a great milestone. Woo hoo!

2 Likes

Hey Kamil great to see you developing as a player and evolving in such a positive way, congratz! If I heard you playing in a pub or something I wouldn’t tell you only started like couple years ago, graty!

And thank God mods don’t speak the language and won’t pick up on explicit language at the end… oups :sweat_smile::laughing:

Hopefully one day you guys hit some open mics and share your journey with us! Pozdrawiam!

1 Like

That was great.

1 Like

Congratulations Kamil! Fantastic milestone to hit and you performed great! You looked very comfortable and you should be very proud. Really well done :+1:

1 Like

That was really nice! Great party track. Well done!

1 Like

Super cool! You were killing it, Kamil! Sweet PRS too! Well done mate! :clap: :clap: :clap: :star_struck: :+1:

1 Like

That’s awesome congratulations. Looked like a lot of fun. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Awesome playing Kamil, I always like watching your AVOYPs.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Awesome! Kudos to you.
I’m trying to get there too, but it’s proving to be difficult.

2 Likes

Hi Kamil,
Nice,… :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Great milestone, next step, playing some gigs!

1 Like

Thank you all. I appreciate all the feedback. It’s fantastic how this community always gives a great motivation boost.

@browan377 I’m sure you will. :metal:

@Richard_close2u Yes, the guitar is a Silver Sky SE. I love it and others who played it enjoyed it too. Not sure about OM yet. I thought that singing would be a nice challenge. :scream: :smiley:

@adi_mrok I will bring them the idea of doing an open mic. And yeah… that ending. Oops. :sweat_smile:

@GrytPipe It took me a long time to get there. I’m sure you will get there too. :+1:

@skinnyt yes, the gig is another long-term goal. :guitar:

2 Likes

Nice!! You have the Bar F Chord down. I’m still really struggling with it.

1 Like

Kamil that was so cool and a great environment. As to the OMs don’t forget its not mandatory to sing and your playing is more than ready for it ! Go for it man !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Good feel my man!
I see a bright future in blues, rock and more for you!
Zero pretention but a lot of control and expression. a functional guitarist providing rhythm and lead.
I’d start a band with you for sure!

congrats to the whole gang; really enjoyed that

1 Like

That was very cool Kamil. You guys were great together. How long have you been jamming together?

I thought your guitar playing was excellent. Surely you guys are going to take to your local music circuit?

1 Like

Thank you. :smiley:

@chiprs 5 minutes per day of barre chord practice helped me a lot, but it took a long time. This year I also took my guitars to a luthier for setup, and he improved the nut, making barre chords easier, especially on my acoustic guitar. For 2 years I struggled with it, having to use lots of force, and after a luthier setup, it became so much easier.

@LievenDV Wow, thank you. I’d be honored to play with you and learn from you. :smiley:

@SgtColon We started this summer, and I think it was the 6th jam. But different people join different jam sessions, so the community keeps growing. I hope to take it outside one day, but I still need to practice a lot to gain enough confidence. I want OM to be part of the process of getting there.

3 Likes