A couple of attempts at playing songs from memory

I agree with others. I heard a few end of grade 1 performances (including my own) and this is by far the best one. The way you embelish those chords, mix picking with strumming and overall relaxed feel you emit is quite advanced in my opinion. Singing along is additional complexity on top. Well done Michael, that was great.

1 Like

Thanks Toby! Really appreciate your feedback. I shall shuffle on to Grade 2 this week. It’s half term so I’ll have a bit more guitar time as my son won’t need me to taxi him to his various clubs!

1 Like

Thank you very much Boris. Very kind words indeed! I’m looking forward to Grade 2.

Hey Michael . I never really did Justins Grade system so not sure what exactly Grade 1 is but your performance of playing and singing seem way beyond what I can imagine any Grade 1 to be. It is also very forward thinking of you to already be building up a songbook I wish I had started doing that earlier.

1 Like

Hi Eric, thank you for the feedback and kind words. I learned to play the basic chords many years ago before I switched to bass so I may have had an advantage there. However, I couldn’t play through a song or even strum confidently with a pick before going through the grade 1 lessons. Learning songs and building up an internal songbook gives a definite focus and I think I need that. Have a great day!