A jolly day out in Liverpool

So we’re away for a couple of days in Liverpool visiting my daughter who’s at University here. Today we visited the Beatles experience which I have to admit I thought was excellent. I’ve been getting back into the Beatles recently, watching Get Back on Disney and reading Shout by Philip Norman so this was a nice complimentary visit to top things off

Couldn’t resist this look book

A few more of the visit

10 Likes

Looks like a great day out !
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Enjoy the trip Jason.
Are you visiting the Gormley statues at Formby?
Are you popping across the river to see Brian?

1 Like

Ah my old stomping ground. Grew up immersed in Beatles stuff , not though choice but still ha

Good band tho.

2 Likes

Looks like a cracking few days out! Actually I never really liked the Beatles that much in their heyday, I think that my love of rock and blues got in the way, they weren’t really on my radar. I’ve got to like them mostly since I started trying to learn to play their music, it was a bit enlightening! I digress, hope you enjoyed it and had a good meeting with your daughter.

2 Likes

He did not and I was not impressed!
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Next time sir for definite!

1 Like

Never been to Liverpool, definitely a place to visit especially The Beatles associated places. Thanks for photos Jason!

1 Like

That looks like a great time! We’re going to make it there sometime! Just been enjoying reading Paul’s The Lyrics last week or so.

1 Like

I watched part 1 of Get Back last week, so interesting! I’d love to go to Liverpool to check out the Beatles Experience but my partner isn’t at all interested :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. I’ll find a way! In the meantime really nice to see your photos! Looks like you had a fun time :notes:

1 Like

It’s a must… actually if you haven’t read it read Shout! The first two parts which covers their childhood and early time as the Beatles is brilliant. I have to admit it’s a bonus my daughter being in Liverpool over the next few years!

Did you go to the Cavern club on your outing? If not you should definitely take in a gig there with whoever is on, when I went there I was lucky enough to see MLT (Mona Lisa twins) they were excellent!

I’ve not, okay I’ll give it a read :slightly_smiling_face: .

No not this time… we walked down Matthew St and past it but just didn’t have time. I will though at some point in the next couple of years. Will try and organise to go with my daughter. Looking online it’s not expensive. They have music on all day and it’s £5 entrance.

2 Likes