A Shape Barre Chords: Minor

If you’ve been struggling with the A Shape Barre Chord - Major and have a hard time with it, you’ll be glad to know that this A Shape Barre Chord - Minor is as easy as pie. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you play it straight major it is relatively easy to learn. How do you deal with maj7 and dom7? Any tricks for that? :wave:t2:

Dominant 7: https://www.justinguitar.com/guitar-lessons/a-shape-barre-chords-dominant-7ths-ash-003

Maj7 - lesson pending.

Another good song for this exercise is “Lightning Crashes” by Live. I like how it is a relatively easy chord progression, but it gets your hands moving around in different shapes :+1:

But it doesn’t have any minor chords in it and this is a A shaped Barre Chord “Minor” Lesson

The chords in Lightning Crashes are all Major

1 Like

Yep, ha, for sure. I was thinking that the 3rd chord in the progression was an A shaped minor, but it’s definitely not. I just played it as a minor and it sounds…not good.

You’re right My memory isn’t as good as it used to be. I was running the song through my head and thought I think the Bridge uses minor Barre chords so I went and checked and it does.
So my bad you where right.
Great song haven’t played in for a long time.

1 Like