About That Bass

Learning bass lines on guitar is an awesome skill to play the Blues! Level up your sound and make jamming a blast!

View the full lesson at About That Bass | JustinGuitar

Hi,
I hope that this is the right section for my question which is :- What programme do I need on my PC to be able to open and play the ‘guitar profile’ ?
Regards,

Brian

@Brian1990
For GP files you will need Guitar Pro software to open them. See the learn more section of this lesson which provides a link and discount code for the software if you do not already have it. Beginner Blues Solo | JustinGuitar.com

Hi Socio
Thanks for your response. I will look into getting the software when I can find out how much it is.
Was this the right section for me to ask such a question?
Brian1990

Hi @Brian1990 ,

There’s also a free software alternative to Guitar Pro, called TuxGuitar:

It’s not 100% compatible, but it works for most files.

Hi Metalbrain
Thanks that’s good to know I will give it a go
Regards
Brian 1990

Hi Metalbrain,
I have downloaded Tuxguitar and I have tried the gp files for the blues lessons namely about that bass, vari-shuffle climb and the other ones and each time tux says they are invalid file formats am I doing something wrong??
Can you help please??
Brian1990

Hi Brian,

I’m sorry, if the files don’t work, you’ll need to open them using Guitar Pro. Perhaps those files will work in a future version of TuxGuitar, but there’s no guarantee at the moment.

Hi Metalbrain,
No problem thanks for your help.
I was under the impression that the gp file was the backing track but I think that now is not the case. It is the musical version of the pdf file that I have downloaded and that is fine for me.

Is it possible I can purchase the backing tracks in WAV or mp3 format from JG that I can jam over to practice the blues lessons?
Sorry to be nuisance but that way would be great for me to practice and perfect my playing.

Regards,

Brian1990

is this palm muted or not

Hi Leo @L3k03
Yes this is palm muted,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like