Absent OM / Kinky Friedman tribute

Hey Brian, another exceptional song choice. A very beautiful, thoughtful song about a very serious topic and your performance did it justice. I looked up the lyrics and they gave me, like Lisa, this “a lump in the throat” feeling too.
As a kid or teen, I always had the impression, those bad times have been gone for such a long time, I could hardly imagine. As a grown up, I realized, they have only been a few decades ago. Now, I’m thinking, is has only been a stone’s throw away. If mankind only could learn out of history…
Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you, Brian, for a great listen. Another very interesting song I would likely never have heard of if not introduced to it by you. The lyrics do remind us of inhuman acts against the "six million”. Something that should not be forgotten.
Unfortunately, after all this time when the world should know better, there are still wars and genocidal acts.

Do you like Jake Thackray, Brian? His material might be right up your street…or should that be down your street. I used to love him. I seem to remember his influences were the French Chansonniers. Lots of great material. Wish I could pull it off.