AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long

Hello there, guitar folks!

Here you have my first tune recorded, ever. I had to honor my guitar so here you have my attempt to play You Shook Me All Night Long. I started to learn it in module 8 and took me 3 modules to get reasonably good at changing between G5 and C to record it, but was totally worth it :smile:.

Rock ‘n’ Roll :metal:

38 Likes

Totally worth it, totally recognisable, some great riffing and tone.

Bravo Edgar!!

Look forward to many many more

1 Like

Rock on Edgar \oo/

1 Like

Hi @Rumil There is a lot to commend on that performance Edgar. Bravo and rock on.
Your have clean changes, good groove and it all hangs together really well.
My critique would be small though important for the fine detail.
You need to change some of the chord progression. After the first quick bounce between C, G and D when you then go between D and G (look between 20-22 secs then 28-30 secs) the order of what you have played needs to be rearranged. You go D–G–D–G–G.
That should be G–D–G–D–G
Check back with this lesson this lesson between 6:14 and 6:16
Another suggestion to focus on is tightening up the tempo when you get in to the picked chords with the bass runs on the A string. Your timing fluctuates just a little in those transitions. AC/DC are tight-tight-super-tight on timing so the best way to do this is, in my view, to play along with the song or a good backing track at least.
You’re doing great, keep it up.
:sunglasses:

Hope that helps.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide

2 Likes

:metal: you nailed it Edgar. Smooth chord changes, steady tempo and a bit of sass. What a great debut.

1 Like

Not bad at all Edgar, in fact great for your first time posting on here!
Yeah there are a few bits that Richard has already pointed out but this will improve given a bit more work.
Keep on rocking :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:, David.

And you’ll have it :guitar::smiling_imp:

Thanks! Glad you still have seats for another rocker - metalhead :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh my …:face_with_hand_over_mouth:. I totally missed that! I’ll check it and fix it for future performances. Really appreciate it 🙇🏻‍♂.

You are right. I should at least have used a backing track because is so difficult to do it without any reference. This is something I have to keep working on this song.

Yeah! definetly helps. Many many thanks, Richard. Very useful information

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @batwoman and @DarrellW for taking the time to see the video and replaying the thread.

You all made my day :blush:.

1 Like

Well done Edgar. You certainly shook us up with your first AVoYP. That was a super debut and I look forward to more.

1 Like

Seeing the replies I’m really glad to finally have recorded and posted it. You are encouraging me to learn more and record more :grin:.

I can’t say anymore I’m afraid of sharing my progress with you all :slight_smile:

Thank you! :metal::guitar:

2 Likes

That’s a great first post Edgar, really enjoyed it. Those are some quick/difficult chord changes in that song. Well done!

1 Like

Hey that was great! What amp are you using? It sounded great!!

DC.

1 Like

Nice one man quite enjoyed it and thought you did pretty well!

2 Likes

That was great well done!

1 Like

Good job! Great way to learn is with the stuff you love.

1 Like

Now that is the way to start the day!

You rocked that Edgar. Great playing and nice sound.

Congratulations on your first posting in here.

1 Like

@Rumil Thanks for taking the advice in the spirit it was intended.

You can definitely play it at the full speed tempo, no problem so don’t slow the backing down unless you feel you absolutely must. Also, to perfect that section just play that section not the whole song.

1 Like

Hey, Edgar. All that practice is paying dividends and you are obviously having fun. Keep it up!

1 Like