Add username to Topic title - sairfingers

It’s driving me mad not knowing who the original poster of a topic is without having to open it up and scroll back to the beginning.
Solution. If everyone added their username to the title of their post - job done.

That just leaves the issue of no easy way to tell at a glance if you’ve replied to a topic. This is particularly relevant just now with the deluge of “hello I’m…” at the moment.

Gordon, on my iPhone if I touch on the bottom(ish) right where it says how many posts there are it opens up a slider so you can very quickly slide up to the top and see the original post, and then back down again. Would that lessen the madness?? :smiley:

1 Like

it’s a good request and it has already been made by somebody else as well.
It’s on the ‘to review’ list.

2 Likes

Gordon, if you access a post and see the original post then it is your first time. If you access and find replies then you are at the point where you had previously read to and seeing new replies. So if you wanted to reply presumably you already did.

I don’t see a more obvious way to tell on a mobile device.

On the PC you may see your avatar, but that eventually is bumped as others reply.

1 Like

@LievenDV
Thanks for the reply Lieven. I very much appreciate the efforts that you and others are making on our behalf trying to ‘fine tune’ things on the new Community site.
I realise that you are working within the confines of an established software platform and it may not be possible to satisfy all the user requests.

1 Like

@mari @DavidP
I’m not trying to be difficult, just raising what I think are valid issues. :smiley:

1 Like

Not for a moment thought you were, Gordon. All issues related to experience are valid and I was just sharing what I’d observed in case it was helpful.

As you said to Lieven, we may run into some platform limitations.

2 Likes

I’m with you on this one @sairfingers :slightly_smiling_face:
I find it useful to see who started a topic straight away. Especially if I am a bit pressed for time and might not want to trawl through all the posts.

Good on you for checking whether there’s a way for this to happen @LievenDV It’d be a losing battle to try to get everyone to write their name on every topic they start :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I also didn’t think you were trying to be difficult, Gordon. I’ve noticed the same thing so just shared my work around. :smiley:

1 Like