Adele Take 2 from a Grade 2 guy

Played with different strumming that’s not in the app recommendation, bridge and neck pick ups, and no singing (not enough brain power not to mention vocal talent). Rare appearance by the Bm barre chord. Plenty of places to foul it up but I don’t think it’s a dumpster fire but you’ll be the judge!….Rod

9 Likes

Good job, Rod, as I expected (I’ve come to disregard the tongue-in-cheek preambles, just enjoy the self-deprecatory humour). You did well on pup selection changes between verse and chorus, which delivered an effective change in tone.

Keep rocking, rolling, and bantering

2 Likes

Very nicely done Rod but come on, you know you want to sing :wink:

2 Likes

I love your posts Rod, preamble and all. With two Adele songs you must be a big fan. Keep rocking out, sounded great.

1 Like

Shhh….two in the pipeline with vocals. Keep it on the down low…Rod

1 Like

Honestly, it’s starts with what sounds good but quickly becomes about what I can play at this point and the Bm minor chord was a doozy! Talented artist of epic proportions to be sure though…Rod

Great stuff as always Rod, really nice tone on that one :slight_smile:
I’m looking to debut some barre chords in a AVOYP soon / maybe!!

1 Like

Well done Rod. Good clean changes and steady strumming but remember to keep your strumming arm/hand moving constantly up and down even when not hitting the strings. You got the offbeat chord change timing spot on.
The change of pup gave the song extra dynamic but drowned out the backing track. I think if you’re going to play over a vocal backing track the listener has to be able to hear it. Or do you? This is a guitar forum after all, so perhaps the jury’s out on that one.

Looking forward to your own vocals next time. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Gordon! All feedback appreciated. You hit on a struggle that catches me on certain strums. When I listen to the backing track and clearly hear that to continue that strum is not the right thing at that point in the song, I can’t reliably keep the arm going and not strum I have to stop and re-start the strum and that really comes in to play if I’m trying to sing it. But I’m aware and that’s half the battle. As many have said here the more you do it the easier it gets and that one is a work in progress!

I clearly have a suboptimal set up for audio. Although I’m in a sound treated room its still a phone mic for the audio and then I have the backing track which I can control separately from the guitar. But I have had @DavidP and maybe others advise make the guitar primary and backing track secondary in audio. And although I’d love to say I was just following @DavidP the truth is playing with the pick ups in song is so new to me I didn’t think about what the bridge one would do relative to the track!

I am following Rod’s Rule in all of this: If It’s Close, Send It. Life is too Short for Just Right! :smiley:

Anyway, grateful for anyone who even looks at my stuff as I know its rank amateur at best but I am having so much fun and never thought this would be part of my journey. Probably should do less of these but ya’ll have me hooked!..Rod

1 Like

Yeah baby!! :rofl: :metal:

1 Like

Wisdom to live by, Rod.

Striving to be as good as you can be every step of the away is the way. Waiting for perfect flub-free, I think that just introduces a tension and anxiety that works against being as good as one can be.

1 Like

Hey rod!!! What part of NC are you in? Im in NC also!!! I thought you did great on this nice rhythm going on! Nice man! P.S I really loved your intro lol.

1 Like

You captured the real meaning @DavidP, I’m not espousing sloppy or not working hard on your craft. At this stage of my journey and even farther it’s not about flub free. It’s get it out there, get feedback, work it, repeat. I think ultimately you progress quicker. Given enough time with that process, there are less flubs and that’s what is what it’s about for me…… Rod

1 Like

Really well played! And loved the chorus effect you added.

Keep sending recordings like this one :ok_hand:

Rock on :metal: :guitar:

1 Like

You and me both, Rod. I have my flub-free moments but they are positive outliers at this stage when performing live. If I can perform below an average of one not-so-noticeable flub per song in a set of 3 songs then I am satisfied.

1 Like