Adi_mrok's Learning Log

Wow Adrian. For a moment there I thought I’d clicked on @DavidP’s log it was so long. Quite a story and quite a journey. You’ve given us some terrific performances along the way.

1 Like

That’s a great video of you learning with Justin…that is so like I go about it. If it was me though you’d see me playing the video, trying to remember it, rewinding, trying again…then resorting to writing it down before having another go. The facial expressions say it all!

1 Like

@sairfingers

Is that a challenge, Gordon :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Thanks Gordon yes those post are getting longer and longer with each post, however the list of recordings grows as well so there’s that :smiley:

Jason glad to know someone is having similar approach to me :smiley: To be honest I write down stuff as well in my own twisted way - I just didn’t bother recording this moment :smiley: Speaking about my own twisted way here are my notes so far!

2 Likes

I would say this is one challenge I probably will never get to achieve :smiley:

1 Like

Well at least I have one claim to fame :rofl:

1 Like

Oooo Adrian,
What an incredibly good and structured LL… :ok_hand:
I read it in one sitting and i believe i have listened to everything…i want to say a lot but then your LL is not readable anymore :see_no_evil:so i’ll keep it short…I’m very impressed by what you have already played and sang, really very very good…you have my hands together and i bow to you
:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :bouquet:

1 Like

Thanks Roger haha really appreciate it, nothing wrong with going too long, I don’t think many people visit my LL and I don’t personally mind longer comments as this is my safe space after all :smiley: all the best.

1 Like

Wow! You’ve recorded a lot of songs! I agree with Fast Car. Very hard to play and sing at the same time.

1 Like

Yes one of the first ones I have started to learn around 2 years ago when I got back to playing and still haven’t gotten back to it. Need to really revisit one day but time will come :slight_smile:

Adi, you’re doing really well with it and honestly when you get there and can play it through it’s soooo satisfying. I’ve been trying to play it for years and always made flubs all over the place - I tend to do my own thing with it and try to capture the essence of it.
The main source of difficulty is the syncopated percussive slaps, it’s really hard to keep them correctly timed (well, for me :joy:).
Keep going, but you may get to the stage where you need a little rest from it!

Thanks Darrell I am sure once I get to polishing up phase that’s when I will be sick of it as it usually happens :joy: I am keeping this as my end of the year goal and let’s see what happens!

1 Like

something goes wrong…i’m trying to remove the…blocknote…no idea what to do with that

Hi Adrian,
I read that you are also working on Dire Straits … you probably already know this, but just to be sure I’ll give you this link anyway … if it doesn’t help, it don’t harm ( we saying here)

MARK KNOPFLER STYLE FAST ARPEGGIO TECHNIQUE

This is my rabithole … together with More than words :see_no_evil:

You have an impressive and interresting learning log Adrian.

Im in awe in all the cool songs youre playing and the difficulty level on them.
I also like how you set your goal and working towards them. Impressive.

1 Like

Adi

Great to see how you construct you learning and pleased you are doing MTW. Its one on my fingerstyle list, which is why I am working on the basics right now. Good use of technology to slow things right down and try and get it right before worry about the actual tempo. Guess after some more spit and polish, you’ll be adding vocals? Looking forward to that, thanks for the share.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

What do you mean by blocknote? Dire Straits - yes in plans but not in a close future, I will think about it maybe MTW :slight_smile:

I wanted to post the link, but then I apparently pressed Blocknote…instead of hyperlink…just try to delete that…well, something went wrong there :upside_down_face:

Edit:
And from the Dire Straits I would really like to learn how to play Local Hero well… I really hope Justin will give a lesson from that…

Thanks Toby, indeed slowing down is a key as you know so hopefully will get there at some point in a near future. As for singing well it’s in plans but long way ahead of me to even think about it, at least yet :laughing:

1 Like

You may be pleasantly (or otherwise) surprised :wink: