After years of dreaming

I got my first American Strat.

A bit of background story for those who are interested:

I am 24 and have dreamed of an american strat since I was 18. In the past, I was more interested in Metal and Rock but lately I’ve been leaning more towards Blues and a little bit of Jazz/Funk and it also made the strat best choice.

My first preference was the Lake Placid Blue with maple fretboard but that one was not in stock currently so I thought, let’s order the honeyburst one to give it a try and if I don’t like it, I can return it and buy the other one. I ended up really liking the looks of the honeyburst, maybe even more than the LPB so I won’t be returning it.

Yesterday I had goosebumps for a full day. The sound and feel is just amazing. Can’t wait to go through the Justin’s Blues solos book with that.

I am still getting used to the guitar and she is getting used to me but the only concern I had was a bit of difficulty with slides, felt like the fingerboard is a bit sticky/not smooth enough, it can’t be the strings because they are new. I am hoping that the rosewood finds itself with more playing with oils from skin, otherwise I’ll consider using an oil/conditioner. I also expected the color of fingerboard to be a bit darker but that might also change with time I guess.

22 Likes

Happy NGD looks stunning and you managed to get American Strat at relatively young age so kudos! :grinning: I am 31 and still day dreaming about it :laughing:

As for rosewood fretboard I find it to cause more friction in general comparing maple fretboard, it takes a bit of time to get used to it.

1 Like

Happy NGD! That honeyburst finish is beautiful!

1 Like

Looks fabulous, Yigit, wish you much joy.

I see you refered to a ‘maple keyboard’. The correct term when talking guitars would be ‘fretboard’.

1 Like

Fantastic looking guitar. May she bring you loads of happiness and joy in your guitar journey.

Happy NGD!!

1 Like

She’s a real beauty :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Happy NGD!

1 Like

@adi_mrok I agree, it is a good age :smiley: it will be a bit difficult in financials for a few months but I can get through this :smiling_face: It made me want to play whole day and re-ignited the joy so I guess it will be worth it. I now believe that every serious guitar player should get the best guitar they can, as early as possible, because it is feels great, inspires you to explore different styles and sounds and to play more in general. Also, if money won’t make us happier, then what use does it have, right? :smiley:

@GrytPipe @SILVIA @Tom_B Thanks a lot!!! :smiling_face:

@DavidP Yeah I know I just keep doing this mistake :smiley: edited my post.

1 Like

I love it! Enjoy. :partying_face:

ParmaklarÄąnda paralansÄąn :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Tesekkurler, gunde 4-5 saat calmaya devam edersem bunun olmasi cok surmeyecek :smiley:

1 Like

Looks gorgeous @yigiterinc enjoy! I’m as close to getting a MIM Strat when I upgraded my electric but PRS won my cash.
Pretty sure my next will be an American Tele tho :wink:.
Fantastic finish on that, have much fun with her!!

1 Like

Simply lovely!!!
Congratulations on a beautiful American guitar!

1 Like

I totally recommend American Performer series, whether it is Tele or Strat. This series just plays beautifully and they are very comfortable and flexible (with push/pull) guitars. I feel like it is the sweet spot in price/performance compared to Pro.

1 Like

Nice looking beastie!
As for the fretboard, a bit of dressing is often required even on new guitars.
Fretboard Cleaner and Restorative Set - 50ml Bottles from Crimson Guitars is nice, FAR better than that nasty lemon oil stuff (why they call it that I will never know!) which just burns my fingers and is basically pants for doing anything decent for the wood.

It is based on natural stuff rather than petroleum based derivitives. It comes in a set of cleaner and restorative, but just the restorative will make the board nicer - check out Crimson’s Youtube channel for any instructions for using it.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s been my experience as well.

1 Like

@AndyTake2 Thanks Andy! Fretboard feels better than yesterday already. I will give it a bit more time before applying anything, maybe problem will go away by itself.

1 Like

Happy NGD.
“Money can’t buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it.” David Lee Roth :smile:

4 Likes

Wow! She’s beautiful! :heart_eyes:
Happy NGD!!

1 Like

What a beauty, enjoy playing!

1 Like

Happy NGD! It sure is pretty!

1 Like

Looks great. Let’s hear how it sounds?