Ain’t No Sunshine cover

Hi, this is my cover of Ain’t No Sunshine. Hope you like it.

17 Likes

Well done, Greg.

I especially enjoyed some of the embellishments, picked notes, and accented bass notes.

To build on this I think you could work on guitar dynamics, bringing in some more range in the volume of your playing, matching some of the feel of the vocal.

1 Like

Thanks David much appreciated. Guitar dynamics is definitely something I’m working on!

1 Like

Fantastic rendition Greg :star:

Did you come across Mary Spender’s version of your learning travels?

I won’t paste the link so as not to take away from your thread, just search for “3 levels of fingerstyle guitar - ain’t no sunshine Mary Spender” on YouTube…

Thanks so much for your kind comment. I will check that lesson out no, I have not seen it before. I play a little bit of fingerstyle but haven’t really focused on it at this stage. I did give that song I try finger style A while back and I can see that it could be great done that way.

1 Like

Hi Greg,
I enjoyed your performance, thought you did a great job singing/playing. Like the guitar too. Gibson/Epiphone Hummingbird? Does it play well? It sounds good to me.
It’s a great shame Bill is no longer Withers.
Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes,
Alan

1 Like

Sounds great ! Bravo !

1 Like

I thanks Alan for your comment. It’s an Epiphone Dove pro. The dove and the hummingbird are almost identical, just different material for the back and sides I think. It does play well, more so since I got it set up. Yes you’re right about Bill Withers. He was so great it’s daunting to try to do his songs.

1 Like

Really enjoyed that. Well done :+1:

1 Like

Great cover Greg! Very slick playing and nice vocals, well done mate.

1 Like

Good version Greg, I enjoyed. A little more light and shade in your strum pattern and it’s nailed. Well done.

1 Like

Taxi for @Alan_1970:joy:

2 Likes

Hi Greg,
I already think it sounds great and as I said it can only get better with the tips given … but absolutely a wonderful song :sunglasses: :clap:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Excellent cover. I love this song and may need to do a cover myself now

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and constructive feedback!

Hey Greg! I really enjoyed this. I looked back at your topics posted. The songs you have chosen to play in AVOYP are all songs that I like. Seems we have similar tastes in music. Not to say that there isn’t great music in all genre‘s. Anyway, I liked your embellishments and other added techniques; and nice vocals too. Well done!

1 Like

Hi Greg,

Nice work.
Good job on the vocal and strumming.
Guitar volume perhaps dominating a little?

Digger

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check that out!

I like it, I like it a lot.

A great cover Greg. Your guitar sounded wonderful and nicely sung.

1 Like

Thank you, it’s a great song!

1 Like